Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amusing Indian 'help' centre encounter  (Read 6739 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Amusing Indian 'help' centre encounter
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »

Now, if those lovely cats of yours, Kitz, ever  gang up on you......:-\ ::) :D

Holy crap, they just got their revenge.  I was sat pondering eggs (see other thread) when they just scared the bejesus of out me by the tv blaring to life in the other room.   Goes to investigate, and there's Zoe curled up with the remote under her bum.   My heart is still pounding..  Not what you'd normally expect at 1am :(

Reminds me of an 'incident' I observed at a petrol station a while back.

A driver had refuelled, then gone into pay.  She had left the keyfob on the seat of the car, unconcerned about security as there was a big fierce dog in the car too, with the window open just a couple of inches for ventilation.  Only thing was, when the dog saw the driver returning it started jumping around, jumped on the key fob and locked the car.    :D

The lady driver had only short arms, so volunteers had to be sought from those with longer arms to reach in the window and recover the keys, hoping the big fierce dog wouldn't mind too much.    :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »

I trust you were one of those volunteers 7LM? ;D
  Eric

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »

I trust you were one of those volunteers 7LM? ;D
No comment. :blush:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 12:11:50 PM »

Haha brave volunteer, and also of lucky that a window was open slightly!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Blackeagle

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:35 PM »

This whole area with HDMI seems to be a mess. The Sony box when it was connected to our old JVC TV would auto switch with HDMI but connected to the LG TV it wont by HDMI but will via Scart. Also the cables come into this as I'm not sure all HDMI cables are equal.

Stuart

HDMI auto-switching only works if both devices support CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) or your TV/monitor auto-detects a video signal on the HDMI port (usually only on HDMI1 if so).  SCART works by pulling pin 8 high (9.5-12v) to switch to the appropriate socket.  This does depend on the SCART lead having pin 8 connected at both ends though.  With HDMI, CEC wiring is mandatory, although implementation of the protocol (which is a single wire bi-directional bus) is not.

Sooo, all HDMI leads must include CEC wiring although one or other of your devices may not implement it, whereas (AFAIK) all SCART equipped devices must support switching on pin 8 although many cheap SCART leads are not wired with pin 8 connected.

Much more interesting (to me anyway  :blush:) is that I can turn my sky box over with my PC, now that it is network connected, and have been terribly geeky and written a script so that the wife never misses a soap again.  :no: :-[ 
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI -- TalkTalk Broadband since 2006
Pages: 1 [2]

anything