Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: bonjour tout le monde  (Read 7740 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: bonjour tout le monde
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »

Eke.... No frogs legs around here please. 
I tried them once when in Paris.  Well you have to don't you...   Just say I tried them and wasn't impressed by either :sick:

Talking of supposed delicacies.. I also tried oysters in Belgium the same year...  That also put me off them for life. 

It's not just continental either I'd heard rave reviews about clam chowder for years so couldn't wait to try it on a trip to the states.  What a HUGE disappointment that was :(.   Give me a nice juicy steak any day. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 11:07:08 PM »

Give me a nice juicy steak any day. :)

Yes please!  :yum:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 12:20:49 AM »

Give me a nice juicy steak any day. :)

Yes please!  :yum:

Talking of steaks and foreign food (Yep sorry a bit OTT) but one of THE best steaks I've ever had must have been about 20yrs ago in what was then a small town in the south west of Florida called Naples.

We were coming back from the Keys and were hoping to get to fort Myers by nightfall.  Unknown to us at the time, several weeks previously there had been a plane that disappeared somewhere and still hadn't been found... But the day we were coming back through the Everglades was the day they found the crash site.  If anyone knows the Everglades and the tamiami trial will know the state of that road 20 yrs ago and that it was the only route east to west. So for it to be deluged with emergency vehicles and TV satellite type vans at the same time they get those love bug things swarming, means that any progress is going to be slow.   
No overtaking on that stretch of a reaaally long road...  Nor any getting off it.   Anyhow at about 7pm, with a 5yr in the back and still in the Everglades we decided the first civilised town we reached would be where we lay our heads that night.

Irrc we hit Naples at about 11pm, it was only small back then with brand new hotels, because it was so late we were told no normal rooms were available that night, but they offered us a suite at an amazing price of $40.   We ended up staying 4 nights and went back several years in a row for many years... where they always cut us a good deal as we were one of their first customers.   The hotel was beautiful, Naples with its empty white beaches was wonderful and it was a wonderful base to explore from....  And sorry I digressed, but .. We met up with a local who befriended us and took us to a restaurant where OMG.... the BESTEST  rib eye steaks I've ever had in my life..  They were humongous.  Im normally a sirloin steak eater, but to this day I can almost still taste those steaks... nothing compares.

These days Naples isn't a small undiscovered town, its now a place for the rich, now it's beauty has been leaked.   Out of interest I just checked the room rate for the suite which we stayed in, and nearly choked.  I guess I won't ever be staying there again :(:-X

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything