Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Can't access unlocked HG612  (Read 3290 times)

chuffer

Can't access unlocked HG612
« on: February 23, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »

I have a HG612 B (10) which I successfully unlocked last year and used on a friends new VDSL connection for an hour and gathered stats which helped solve a throughput problem, It's possible that in that hour BT did a firmware upgrade but if so it did not throw me out..
I now have my own VDSL with a EDI/r unlockable, so I got out my HG but could not log in to the GUI.
Knowing there was a later version of the hack, I downloaded a newer version and uploaded it but I am still unable to login to the GUI and I can't telnet either.
I have downloaded various unlocks with the same outcome.
Having got to the GUI inviting an upload at option 4 and before doing so, I can ping with 100% returns but no telnet on port 23, but after the upload I cannot ping it, it's as though the upload sets the ip address to something completely different !..
As yet I have not connected it to my line.....................
Anybody else seen this please ???.

chuffer

Re: Can't access unlocked HG612
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »

Elsewhere baldeagle1 responded with..............

And I'm please to say it works. :-))

The firmware update may well still work using 192.168.1.1, but the changed IP Address may have been retained when it comes to Telnet & GUI access.

Once the modem has rebooted after the firmware has been updated, what happens if still powered up, you press & hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds?

As far as I am aware, that should factory reset the modem to default (but unlocked) settings, including setting the IP Address back to 192.168.1.1

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Can't access unlocked HG612
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »

:thumbs: