Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Having fun with Opera !  (Read 4284 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Having fun with Opera !
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »

.....  and it's not of the enjoyment kind !  ;D   

This morning, using Opera to look in here, read several newspapers and listen to the radio.  Several times now I have 'Opera not responding', when I either go to a new website or read a headline in another tab  --  then the whole lot freezes up.  I can't go to a new tab,  or back to a previous page.  Each time I have to close Opera down, and sometimes it won't let me do that and I have to 're-sart' computer.   It has occurred about 5 times now, I've looked up in the Help in Opera but everyone is talking about this happening with Windows 7   ... I'm on XP3.     Can anyone suggest anything  please.  ?   I did think it might be the radio  !!! so opened that in another window not just another tab . but still the same problem. It only started this morning and I've done nothing different, no added programmes etc.....   :'(   Thank you in advance   :)

Version
Build
Platform
Win32
System
Windows XP
It's today that matters !

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Having fun with Opera !
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:04:11 PM »

Now you have your radio player working why not go back to Firefox ? ;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Having fun with Opera !
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »

Several years ago I used to use Opera as my main browser, but I found it doesnt cope to well when it comes to media such as Flash, videos, broadcasts.   Granted this is a few years ago and things may have improved since, but it was enough to put me off, particularly when chrome was so much faster.   These days I stick to FF and chrome depending on what Im doing. 

Oh and of course safari on iOS.  Personally I think chrome is the most lightweight, but I like some of the add-ins you can get with FF, which is why its still my main browser.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything