Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tone 1710 is getting noisy  (Read 15998 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Tone 1710 is getting noisy
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 06:19:42 PM »

I think the QLN is only measured on a sync so you may find it easier to watch the srnm per tone as that changes "continuously".

No worrys Les-70, I am using Wolfys firmware with GUI so i can force the HG612 to re-sync with a click of a button if need be but the timing needs to be favourable for my line and yet after a forced sync an automatic sync will come in wee smalls hours with a retrain reason 6  :(

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 06:21:40 PM »

Well 100% sure it's RFI as when I tune into the frequencys theres quite a few Radio Staions in and around the were the tones are missing and find when the SNRM is higher during the day those stations are also quiet, the Radio Stations seem to get stronger after 5pm as the SNRM drops, and still I don't know which stations these are as they are foreign (eastern europe) and the signal meter hit's a high of 8 bars out of 12.

There not much I can do about this it's out of my control  :(

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 07:14:49 PM »

"There not much I can do about this it's out of my control  :( "

I disagree !

Suspect you are using FFTC and the last link is via overhead wires (= aerial)  ?

You could block that frequency for the parallel mode = interference and pass it for differential = signal.   
The Mk2 filtered faceplate is said to do this - (no one is providing details and I suspect it doesn't work well all the way down to 26 kHz - possibly that end isn't too serious as signal is stronger and radiation of REIN is less efficient - ) 26 kHZ is a wavelength of 11.5 km  so doubt if the overhead line is an appreciable fraction of this so a poor aerial.

It depends on how important it is to you and if you are prepared to spend about £10 for an uncertain result.   
Unless someone has performance figures for the Mk2 ?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:13 PM »

"There not much I can do about this it's out of my control  :( "

I disagree !

Suspect you are using FFTC and the last link is via overhead wires (= aerial)  ?

I would love to have a go at the MK2 faceplate it's just the Master Socket is configured to use the Data Extension socket it's not a straight swap would have to disconnect and connect the wires after installing the MK2, so it's not the price it's my mind saying if it's working leave it alone  :-\

and also my Data Extension cable may also be acting as a Aeriel yet the HLOG says no.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:01:50 PM by NewtronStar »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »

Although I had some comparable noise from my router psu (now changed) I see similar noise to you in those bands.  Below is a morning snrm/tone and an evening one, I assume that if it only appears in the evening it is probably long distance radio transmission.   I have MK2 faceplate but unless common mode interference is very severe I suspect the Hg612 copes with its own. 

I am about 500m from and nearly level with a TV relay mast covered in antennas and 30 miles from Droitwich and although I  have worried about enough common mode here to saturate the input of a modem they have been just fine, even straight to the test socket.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 09:36:23 PM »

Although I had some comparable noise from my router psu (now changed) I see similar noise to you in those bands.  Below is a morning snrm/tone and an evening one, I assume that if it only appears in the evening it is probably long distance radio transmission.   I have MK2 faceplate but unless common mode interference is very severe I suspect the Hg612 copes with its own. 

Cheers Les I can see those inverted SNR peaks in your graph in the eveings yet they dont seem to be taking out your tones in those frequencys on your line, so do you think if I install the MK2 those tones will return ? now you have to remember i'm on a longer line than you (more copper and less SNRM)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:39:24 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »

I have ordered the MK2 faceplate so look forward to inserting it and find out how well this supposed RFI filter works on my Line, so it gives me time to find the IDC punch down tool in the shed which was last used in 2008  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 05:50:03 PM »

Just an update MK2 faceplate installed and no change at all would have been better sticking that £10 for MK2 in my cars petrol tank, the only change it a increased my attenuation by 0.4dB  :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »

:(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »

:(

I know ! but at least I've got a new SSFP MK2 NTE5 and a spare one at hand  ;D

Have a recording of the one of the Radio Stations from tone 1665 to 1719 (7180 to 7400 KHz)
could someone tell me what lanuage this is, it would put me out of my misery  ;)

https://soundcloud.com/#yamahadx7/radio-station

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 07:02:41 PM »

Unfortunately that link just leads to a SoundCloud login page.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »

Unfortunately that link just leads to a SoundCloud login page.

Soundcloud has gone belly up at my end typical internet experience:D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »

Yes, the link works. However I can't identify the language.  :no:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »

Cheers BC  :)

Thats signal was coming into the Yupiteru MVT-7300u using it own Telescoping whip antenna.
so you can imagine what the drop wire is hearing.

And understanding more about SNR/M and the effects RFI has on Broadband over the past few weeks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:06:48 PM by NewtronStar »
Pages: 1 [2] 3