Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Opera 19 - help please  (Read 10973 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Opera 19 - help please
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:57:26 PM »

I now have 2 browsers installed  - Opera and Chrome - on the PC  - I ditched Firefox as the only thing visible on the page was the speed dial - all tool-bars had  vanished and got so fed up with trying to sort it -   

The last time I used Opera it was all very straightforward but suddenly on Opera 19 there doesn't appear to be any, obvious, way to import bookmarks. I've found the bookmark bar  ;D

Can anyone advise me how to import Bookmarks from Chrome browser to Opera 19 - but please keep it as  simple as possible  :D

Also it is noticeable, to me, that all these browsers appear to want to clone each other and all becoming minimalist ( if  that's the correct word)  -they all look a little bare and nothing is obvious  :-\

Many thanks    :flower:
It's today that matters !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Opera 19 - help please
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »

Hi Kate  :flower:

I'm still using Opera 12.16(which was the last release before the brought the new version out).Many die hard Opera users were unhappy about the new version as it has copied Chrome in my aspects.

Version 12.16 is probably the version you used before.You can get it from here if you want to try it

http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?os=windows&ver=12.16&local=y

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »

Unc !  You are my knight in shining armour !     I've got rid of Opera 19 and all that complicated nothingness  :D  and back to what I know   THANK YOU  :flower: :rose: :flower:

Now can you solve my radio problem    :lol:

Thanks Phil.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »

Click on 'Opera' lo-go Top LHHC >Bookmarks>Manage bookmarks>New tab/window opens click on 'File' then choose what you want.
Good luck.
I also set up some of the properties of the browser --- Click on 'Opera' lo-go Top LHHC >Settings>Preferences>new window opens up, there are a lot of things you can set, ask if you need help.

On this PC I have 6 different browsers set up with lots of 'Tabs' and then I can use them for, say, one for looking for Holidays  another for Technical things another for looking at my London trip etc.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »

Thank you Mike  ....but   :-[    I've changed back to Opera 12 ( thanks to Unc)   I didn't like the 'emptiness'   ( it looked like an empty shop window  :D )

Now   I understand it all better   ..... but many thanks quand même  :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »

Thank you Mike  ....but   :-[    I've changed back to Opera 12 ( thanks to Unc)   I didn't like the 'emptiness'   ( it looked like an empty shop window  :D )

Now   I understand it all better   ..... but many thanks quand même  :)
But the above is for 12.  :hmm:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »

Unc !  You are my knight in shining armour !     I've got rid of Opera 19 and all that complicated nothingness  :D  and back to what I know   THANK YOU  :flower: :rose: :flower:

Now can you solve my radio problem    :lol:

Thanks Phil.

Try This....

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CTk0VcqoI [/youtube]

>:D     :D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »

Try This....

Great music, what a pity he has gone .

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »

:lol: :lol:  Thanks Phil    8)

Oops Mike   :blush:    I think I'm just tired   ..... have now sorted the bookmarks and got all I need  ... thank you. 

Just another query  --  how can I SEE my passwords on Opera 12   ?  ... I thought there was a password manager but up to now it is hiding well    ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »

Just another query  --  how can I SEE my passwords on Opera 12   ?  ... I thought there was a password manager but up to now it is hiding well    ;D
Click on 'Opera' lo-go Top LHHC >Settings>Preferences>new window opens up>Forms>password manager

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »

Thank  you.  I found Password Manager but is there a way I can look at the actual passwords. I'm sure I  remember in Firefox I could see them and then hide them again, is it the same in Opera ?   I'll be sorted out one day  ;D  ( I do try to find the answer to my questions on the Opera Help before bothering people on here, but I can't find any help about this)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »

Hi Kate  :flower:

I use LastPass for all my passwords on all my browsers.You just have one master password to remember.

https://lastpass.com/

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »

Thanks for that Phil   - I'll  go and have a look at it   :flower:

anything