Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: On-line radio problem.  (Read 19769 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Re: On-line radio problem.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »

Ian, you're not confusing matters - but we have a parabolic (satellite dish) and have had access to TV up to last week, when the BBC shifted the satellite position. We also have all the French TV channels through our Live Box including teens of sports channels.  Hubby being a sport fanatic (ex-racing cyclist).  We are currently sorting out the TV but to be honest the TV is not  big loss as we enjoy a lot of French TV; we've had access to digital radio via the satellite of course.

With our changed circumstances, due to ill health for both of us,  my radio listening has been  'transferred' for the main part to another room, our snug, where my computer is - or alternatively another room with the Chrome book.  Because hubby, sadly, is no longer as mobile as he was I obviously want him to be able to watch his sport.  Hence the radio for me is very important.

However now I can look forward to the end of the Sochi Games  :D  and getting my radio back  AND following our French technician's visit tomorrow, perhaps the UK TV too -  although that is a bonus and not a given right - although with some of the rubbish I'm not sure bonus is the correct word  :lol:

Many thanks for your interest.    :)  Kate.
It's today that matters !

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise the full background there,

I was dimly aware that a number of UK TV services had moved from one satellite to another recently, and that satellite has a tighter footprint to only cover the UK (and a bit further with a big enough dish), hadn't realised it was affecting you.

I'm guessing this will also be geoblocked, but possibly worth trying?

http://www.listenlive.eu/

Lots of radio stations from across Europe (including UK) all listed together with direct links that will either download a small file to open which then causes an appropriate media player to connect, or start streaming automatically.

I use an app interface to listen via that service on my Raspberry Pi media centre, is very handy.

Ian

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »

Thank you Ian for the link, but as you suspected, it's blocked ..... not to worry I can wait  :)    I can still listen to R4 and my favourite French Radio  station RMC - so plenty to keep me happy. :)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »

Just thought I'd update  :  I  have R5 Live back, BUT  !!  on the BBC radio player it sounds like they are under water   (they well might be  :D )  all gurgling  ??  same on any browser and on Chrome book .....however I have RaimaRadio installed  on PC and I have a clear broadcast  :'(     I've noted on the BBC  'help' that this problem has been around for a long time for international listeners, but mainly on R4  ... I have no probs with R4  ...  It's obviously a BBC problem, but getting them to admit to it ...... :D 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »

Progress of a sort then. :)
  Eric

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »

Yes Eric, that's how I look at it  ;D      and   btw  I've replaced my speakers  --- no  more interference at all on the Sennheiser head 'phones  --  you were correct in your diagnosis - faulty speakers  ... thank you  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »

You're very welcome :)
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything