Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recycle bin  (Read 7596 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Recycle bin
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »

Just accidently deleted my recycle bin.Anyone tell me how to get it back.I,m using windows vista.

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
Re: Recycle bin
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »

Try system restore.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »

Problem sorted,had a look on the dell vista forums.Right click desktop,then personalize,change desktop icons,then tick recycle bin icon.Hey presto its back.Very simple but when you don't know you feel a bit of a plank.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »

I was going to joke about looking in the recycle bin for it.. but I thought you wouldn't appreciate that ;)
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:26:07 AM »

:)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

I don't know if it's the same for Vista, but there are various recycle bin tools in tweakUI for XP.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »

Probably very similar, Floydy... I wouldn't imagine the underlying Recycle Bin architecture has been radically, if at all, changed from XP to Vista.
Chris

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 12:38:39 PM »

The more I read about Vista, the more I'm thinking it's a case of one step forwards and 2 steps back, but never having actually used a Vista system this is purely conjecture.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 12:41:07 PM »

No, you have it summed up pretty well there... with the exception of the one step forwards bit... I think you're being a bit too generous :lol:
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »

I can't compare vista with xp as I was using windows me from 2001 until April of last year.Only got broadband April2007  :-X

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »

Well I would think almost anything seems better than ME.

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 01:33:47 PM »

Well, better late than never UB ;)

Vista is a leap ahead of Windows ME, without a doubt.

To be honest, perhaps I've been a bit harsh on Vista - in time I'm sure Vista will be a very good operating system, it just wasn't really ready for unleashing on the public, and there are a few things that do nothing except put people off e.g. the DRM integrated stuff, performance hit compared to XP, etc. However I do remember a similar backlash when XP first came out - incompatibility with existing software etc... and now most of us are hailing XP as being the best Windows version to date.

We're a race of habit-forming creatures, we don't like change. Vista is a big change in both looks and high-level functionality. Coupled with the fact that a lot of today's hardware struggles with it, and it's going to be a while before Vista is accepted. I'm sure it will be, given time.

All that doesn't mean I actually like Vista, at the moment - I'm going to leave it alone for a bit until I see some reports that it's got a bit better. Perhaps I'll end up waiting a while ;)
Chris

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »

Yes you are right about how we all grumbled about XP when it first came out, and then again when SP2 was released, but all things considered, once you've tamed XP/SP2 it's possibly the best Microsoft OS ever. 

I can't comment about 2000 tho, but from what I read about it, it would seem to be pretty good and solid.

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »

Yes you are right about how we all grumbled about XP when it first came out, and then again when SP2 was released, but all things considered, once you've tamed XP/SP2 it's possibly the best Microsoft OS ever. 

I can't comment about 2000 tho, but from what I read about it, it would seem to be pretty good and solid.

Truer words have never been said Floyd. XP had issues, but aside from dos and 2000, it is the most stable and well made windows OS to date.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »

You know, I never complained about XP. It has been a far better OS than 98 or ME from the start for me.
There was a learning curve, but I don't remember having any real issues. My limited exposure to Vista is a different story though.
Pages: [1] 2