Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BTW speedtest results  (Read 10539 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: BTW speedtest results
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:54 PM »

Plusnet had finally fixed BTw speedtest. Everything working ok now. So, it wasn't me at all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »

I haven't been able to check my real IP profile for the past week. What is it with plusnet?

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »

U are best to post on Plusnet forum as someone will get it fixed it for you. Here is the right link here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124245.0.html

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 07:06:06 PM »

Plusnet have already been informed about it, but that doesn't answer  the question as to why is this happening to only Plusnet customers, ?

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »

It's a system error at plusnet's end. Just go to forum and reply to Chris Pettitt here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124245.0.html

he had fixed it for me:

I've brought your case up specifically with the ASG Team (Who deal with such cases). They've found a problem with the Downstream interface (UII) inventory system which didn't return a proper response which is why it's just thrown an error page up.

I've got one of the Developers working on this now, and they are just checking what work needs to be carried out to resolve this issue. I'll update you as and when I get more information on that for you.

Any questions, do shout up, and I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have.

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »

I've tried numerous times, using the btwholesale website, and it never displays my ip profile?, this also only seems to be after a line fault was fixed.. Weird ??? + i'm with bt on ADSL
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:16:43 PM by Loading »

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 09:03:47 PM »

So possibly a BT retail and plusnet issue, not that surprising as they are both BT group companies ,

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 11:19:32 PM »

Im not so sure if its a PN issue, more that PN are willing to listen and try resolve it.   If you notice Chris keeps feeding the info to 'our suppliers'.  The BTw performance tester and its predessor have always had flaky periods :/
I see users of other ISPs also with similar issues from time to time, but they dont get anywhere.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 12:10:36 AM »

Im not so sure if its a PN issue, more that PN are willing to listen and try resolve it.   If you notice Chris keeps feeding the info to 'our suppliers'.  The BTw performance tester and its predessor have always had flaky periods :/
I see users of other ISPs also with similar issues from time to time, but they dont get anywhere.
It wouldn't have any impact on customers connections that are with other ISP's as they don't have or aren't reliant upon a second/copy IP profile, that is always set lower than the BTW  Profile, this results in lower throughput as well,
So imo it doesnt benefit the customer , currently i'm loosing over 2mbps  that i wasn't when the plusnet  profile was set above the BTW one,(that isn't currently visable to me)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 12:18:55 AM »

>> i wasn't when the plusnet  profile was set above the BTW one

I agree the PN profile is a PITA sometimes :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 01:02:56 AM »

More often than not for me,

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »

It's working again, although intermittently,

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 10:56:50 PM »

Also working again here (Plusnet FTTC customer).

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 07:34:33 AM »

Today  DLM  acted bang on cue,  after the 14 day cycle of interleaved +7-8ms and a lower sync rate,  Latency returned to fast path ,the normal 12.-13ms level for the connection,  But the BT IP profile seems to be stuck, even after a reboot of the modem, it hasn't changed at all from the result i posted yesterday, But when your throughput is higher than the IP profile  something is wrong

IP profile, DLM  Why the need for all this fluff, that just doesn't work in the customers favour
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:40:28 AM by tommy45 »
Pages: 1 [2]