Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DSLstats v4.43 released (updated to 4.43.1)  (Read 7968 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats v4.43 released (updated to 4.43.1)
« on: February 12, 2014, 07:45:15 AM »

Has been updated to v4.43.1 which fixes the minimise / system tray issues reported by les-70

Several small tweaks and improvements relating to comments made about v4.41:

- webserver folder is now under the snapshots folder
- webserver folder can be optionally deleted when the webserver is disabled
- all graphs with "Tone number" on the X axis now have the same horizontal scaling options
- added a button to set the window size and position to the values it had at startup
- did some reworking of the graph drawing code, to make the behaviour more robust and consistent
- the graphs can now be scrolled by using the mouse scrollwheel (as an alternative to dragging)
- the average errors summary can now be switched between 24-hour averages and router uptime averages
- added popup showing details in traffic charts when mouse is hovered over them
- disabled keyboard editing of max and min Y values of SNRM graph (which could cause crash)
- configuration settings are now autosaved every 10 minutes

http://dslstats.plainroad.me.uk
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:59:30 PM by roseway »
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats v4.43 released
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »

Eric just installed this and the popup on the traffic graphs is not working for me. Also it looks like the changes I made in the previous version I was running to the traffic config were not remembered when I started this new one. I do save the .ini in the dslstats directory and have not deleted the one in the system location (W2K not Linux) so could it have initially used the one from the system location before realising it needed to save them in the dslstats folder? Did you change the traffic reset to clear the minute values? I ask because it is not doing a reset of this data.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »

Stuart, I should perhaps have made it clear that the traffic popup applies only to the daily and monthly barcharts, not the 'per minute' graph. I just checked again, and it works perfectly on W2K here, so I'm not sure why it doesn't in your case. The mouse has to hover for half a second before the popup appears, so is it possible that there's some tiny mouse movement which is stopping it?

When DSLstats starts up, it first looks for dslstats.ini in the system location, and if it's not there then it selects the dslstats directory as the location. So if there was an earlier version of dslstats.ini in your system location then that would explain the issue. I think I need to have another look at tidying up this aspect of the program, but in the meantime I suggest that you just delete the version of dslstats.ini in the system location.

I haven't implemented a reset of the 'per minute' graph yet, because I couldn't decide how best to do it. I don't want to delete more data than the user actually wants to delete. I'll give this some more thought before the next release.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »

After a short try it seems fine for me apart from two things -- on windows xp.

1.   Not minimizing to just the system tray.  On minimize I have the system tray icon plus a tiny window of minimum size not closed.

2.  I also notice that on start up I can't "open" the system icon until it has completed a sample.  I don't know if it would persist as as not opening if the connection was down?  I will test that later on.  I retried the old version that that opens immediately even if sampling.

I am bit worried reporting this on first sight but the issues seem reproducible.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:05:02 AM »

I did make some small changes to the way the system tray icon works, to deal with an issue which some people had with the Restore function not working properly. It's possible that I fixed one problem and created a new one. I'll check this out.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 11:05:15 AM »

Stuart, I should perhaps have made it clear that the traffic popup applies only to the daily and monthly barcharts, not the 'per minute' graph. I just checked again, and it works perfectly on W2K here, so I'm not sure why it doesn't in your case. The mouse has to hover for half a second before the popup appears, so is it possible that there's some tiny mouse movement which is stopping it?

Eric since I posted that update I discovered my problem was me with the traffic popup sorry for that. So no problem in that area I had a senior moment!

Regarding the other things I understand and will remove the system copy of the .ini. As to the by minute traffic reset I'm happy to wait your deliberations.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »

I had a senior moment!

I have those all the time. ;D

Thanks for the clarification.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »

2.  I also notice that on start up I can't "open" the system icon until it has completed a sample.  I don't know if it would persist as as not opening if the connection was down?  I will test that later on.  I retried the old version that that opens immediately even if sampling.

I can confirm this one. I'll sort it out ASAP, but in the meantime I suggest that you don't use the option "Start program minimised".
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v4.43 released (updated to 4.43.1)
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:00:56 PM »

I've now uploaded version 4.43.1 which fixes the minimise / system tray issues
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:43:23 PM »

:) Thanks for the fix.  All seems fine with 4.43.1 on first check.  I notice that the error average setting between 24hour/uptime is not saved but I haven't decided whether or not that may be a good thing.

Mark1

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »

Graph scrolling works very well except for the downstream SNRM per band graph which comes up with an "invalid type cast" error.

Also, 'SNRM per band' under 'Autosave graphs' and 'All graphs configured to autosave' under 'Autosave on exit' do not stick with program exit.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »

Thanks for the report. I'll check those points out.
  Eric

Mark1

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 12:35:09 AM »

In addition, the graphs ES per hour and SNRM per band aren't autosaving, except on exit if configured.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 07:14:58 AM »

I'll check those out too.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 05:45:38 PM »

I used the update to save the file but can't remember where it went to  :-[, is there somewhere in the config I can look up and see the path of the update cheers.

Edit found the path but no folder created  ???
DownloadDir=C:\Users\Colin\Documents\New Folder
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:58:28 PM by NewtronStar »
Pages: [1] 2