Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats Editor v2 released.  (Read 12137 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
HG612 Modem Stats Editor v2 released.
« on: February 06, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »

A new version of HG612 Modem Stats Editor has today been released.

What´s New in version 2.0:

The programs now work with both HG612s with October 2013´s updated firmware & HG612s where firmware updates have either not taken place or have been blocked.
    Issues with Windows 8 sheduled tasks stopping after a few hors/days *appear* to have been resolved.
    More efficient program operation.The programs no longer wait until a called program completes, freeing up CPU & memory resources.
    The HG612´s firmware version is now reported in Plink logs (Current_Stats folder) & xlogfile.txt (Ongoing_Stats folder).
    HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe now displays various stats.
    HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe can now display a slide show of various graphs/montages.
    HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe can now display ThinkBroadband´s Ping graphs.
    Extensive event logging can now be switched off via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe. Very basic event logging is recorded & only genuine errors are recorded in the various error/event log files when extensive logging is switched off. This dramatically reduces the size of the various log files.
    HG612_stats.ini file delay settings are now ignored for Vista upward, the delay setting now delaying the start of the scheduled task task rather than a pause in the program. The existing task needs to be deleted & re-created via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe to effect this change.
    INP graph is now included in Ongoing stats FULL_MONTY montage.
    Numerous other tweaks and bug fixes that we can´t remember :-)

The HG612 Modem Stats information and HG612 Modem Stats Quick start guide pages have also been updated.

HG612 Modem Stats 2.0 can be downloaded from here

Whilst youre there please give the guys a ranking and some feedback on freewarefiles for all their hardwork and dedication into providing us with such a useful program.   :thumbs:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 Modem Stats Editor v2 released.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:57 PM »

Thanks Kitz for starting this thread off, and updating those pages  :thumbs:

Anybody upgrading to the new V2 graphic user interface should also upgrade to the V2 logging programs, and then recreate their scheduled task.

The latest GUI interface can be downloaded via the built in update feature, if you don't have this feature then you need to download the above V2 package  ;D
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:20:36 AM »

ok a new bug report for ronski's side of the app, the gui.

So I rebuilt my pc (basically upgraded) which has also meant reinstalling windows.

I fired up the gui, and then noticed all the boxes were green, yet of course on a new windows install I have no exisiting schedule running.  This also meant the higher priority menu option was greyed out.
I then chose on the task menu to display task info, and a file not found popup error appeared.
I am able to create a new task and it does run, if I then delete the task however, the gui does not detect it is gone, all the boxes stay green and I cannot adjust high priority.

So it seems there is a detection issue when no task exists.  This did not occur before I reinstalled windows.

As per other thread please let me know the version number, you can copy it from the help tab.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »

What is the version number you are running? Can you reply in the GUI thread please.

HG612 Modem logs stats viewer & settings editor V2 created 05/02/2014 20:01:07
 Version 2.0.5149.36033 running on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

I've had a little play at work and can't seem to replicate the issue, there are some issues with the buttons, but they only affect it when you've specified to use your own task.

Only thing I can think of is that perhaps dot net needs updating as it's a fresh install, needs to be version 4 possibly 4.5. If you still have the problem after updating dot net then I'll dig a bit deeper.

As per BE1's post in the other thread there is an updated version of the GUI but it needs to be used in conjunction with BE1 updated programs, hence I haven't released it as an auto update. I don't think it will make any difference though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:49:38 PM by Ronski »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »

already got .net 4.5.1 installed.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 08:23:18 PM »

I've set up logging on my desktop PC (Windows 7 Pro), then closed the GUI, then deleted the task via Task Scheduler, but on reopening the GUI everything works as expected. Clicking Display Task Info on the menu gives a message saying the task does not exist, as expected.

I simply can't recreate the issue, also the "File not found" error is a little odd, it should be using SCHTasks to check if the task exists, so should not have any file not found errors, it would be useful to see a screen shot of this error to pursue things further.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:37:32 PM »

sadly I think the only way you may repeat this is reinstalling windows :p

will do a screenshot later.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:42:46 PM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 08:45:08 PM »

schtasks works when I test it in a command prompt.

when the task does exist it shows the info, no error, so it only errors when is no task.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

Can you try the attached version and check the task info, you'll still get the error but you should have a line added to the GUI error log in the error & events folder, can you post back that line from the error log, it should look like the one below.

04/04/2014 20:57:30 - GetTaskInfo:  /Query /FO List /V /TN "HG612 Stats Program"

The part after GetTaskInfo is what's entered at the cmd line after schtasks, and should result in the error "ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified.", where yours appears to be returning "the path specified" for some reason, so I'm not trapping the error and it thinks the task exists.

Edit: I can easily adjust my program to trap the error, but I would be interested to see what the above line is to work out why yours is different.

Edit:Attachment removed

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:30:34 PM by Ronski »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 10:17:59 PM »

Can you try the attached version and check the task info, you'll still get the error but you should have a line added to the GUI error log in the error & events folder, can you post back that line from the error log, it should look like the one below.

04/04/2014 20:57:30 - GetTaskInfo:  /Query /FO List /V /TN "HG612 Stats Program"

The part after GetTaskInfo is what's entered at the cmd line after schtasks, and should result in the error "ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified.", where yours appears to be returning "the path specified" for some reason, so I'm not trapping the error and it thinks the task exists.

Edit: I can easily adjust my program to trap the error, but I would be interested to see what the above line is to work out why yours is different.

I got it in place but whats the path and filename to the log I need to look for? I cant find it in logs I usually look in.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 10:48:21 PM »

It should be in C:\HG612_Modem_Stats\Event & Error Logs\GUI Error Log.txt  Replace "C:\HG612_Modem_Stats" with wherever your main folder is located.

If the event & error logs folder doesn't exist then I guess you are not using the latest logging programs and you'll need to create the folder, it seems that if the path doesn't exist my error log doesn't get created (I'll have to check for that and create the folder).

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »

I am not using the latest beta no just the r2.0 currently.  Will make the folder.

so attached file now, also I will add when closing the app it warns me the task doesnt exist, so whatever check you got in place on exiting, that works.

C:\Windows\system32>schtasks /Query /FO List /V /TN "HG612 Stats Program"
ERROR: The system cannot find the path specified.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:12:26 AM by Chrysalis »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

The attached version should fix the problem, and I believe it should work without problems with version 2 of the stats logging, but you might as well download the Beta V2.1 it mainly puts all the error logs in one folder, and also allows you to specify where the modem log is stored. It also handles folder names with spaces better.

When exiting the GUI the method of checking the task is slightly different, it simply checks to see if the results returned from SCHTasks contains the task name, the constant checking uses a slightly different method. As to why yours was returning PATH instead of FILE in the error I have no idea, the arguments are exactly the same as mine, and I can therefore only assume it's a MS quirk with ultimate.

Edit: Removed attachment.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:30:20 PM by Ronski »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »

ok will do thanks.

sorry pc been running mem tests all day, I am having to diagnose some memory issues in this new rig :( wont be happy if its a bad dimm slot on the board.
Pages: [1] 2

anything