Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats r2.0 released  (Read 29508 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
HG612 Modem Stats r2.0 released
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »

05/02/2014:

A version 2.0 revision to the HG612 Modem Stats package has now been released.

It is available here:-

http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html

Click the Blue Download Now! button & choose one of the Download Mirrors.

It is still currently aimed only at VDSL2/FTTC connections for Microsoft Windows users, using a Huawei HG612 modem.
Support for the HG622 has temporarily been withdrawn, but is likely to be reinstated in a future minor update.

The package has been fully tested on XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8/8.1 systems.

What´s New in version 2.0:

•   The programs now work with both HG612s using October 2013´s updated firmware & HG612s where firmware updates have either not taken place or have been blocked.

•   Issues with Windows 8 scheduled tasks stopping after a few hours/days *appear* to have been resolved.

•   More efficient program operation.The programs no longer wait until a called program completes, freeing up CPU & memory resources.

•   The HG612´s firmware version is now reported in Plink logs (Current_Stats folder) & xlogfile.txt (Ongoing_Stats folder).

•   HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe now displays various stats.

•   HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe can now display a slide show of various graphs/montages.

•   HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe can now display ThinkBroadband´s Ping graphs.

•   Extensive event logging can now be switched off via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe. Very basic event logging is recorded & only genuine errors are recorded in the various error/event log files when extensive logging is switched off. This dramatically reduces the size of the various log files.

•   HG612_stats.ini file delay settings are now ignored for Vista upward, the delay setting now delaying the start of the scheduled task task rather than a pause in the program. The existing task needs to be deleted & re-created via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe to effect this change.

•   INP graph is now included in Ongoing stats FULL_MONTY montage.

•   Numerous other tweaks and bug fixes that we can´t remember :-)

New users should simply extract the contents of the zip file to Drive C:, ensuring "Expand Folders" or similar setting is selected for a default setup.

Existing users of version 1.1 should extract all the files & subfolders to the relevant existing folders to ensure the slightly different operation of the package is picked up.

Once all the files are in place, existing users should delete the original HG612 Stats Program task & create a new one via the Settings GUI.

By default, Current (snapshot) data will be harvested & plotted every 8 hours, starting at 06:00 & Ongoing data will be harvested every minute, being plotted at 06:00 each day.

These settings can be easily adjusted or logging and/or automated graphing turned off via the Settings GUI.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:29:42 AM by Bald_Eagle1 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: HG612 Modem Stats r2.0 released
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:10:40 AM »

Oooh . . . someone has been busy!  :thumbs: :dance: :silly:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »

Well done guys.   :thumbs:
I'll update the new pages asap.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:45:07 PM »

I have updated from r1.1 to r2.0 and all seems to be working fine, is it normal to still show as V4.1 in the upper right hand side just thought it would be like V5.1 after an update ?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »

I have updated from r1.1 to r2.0 and all seems to be working fine, is it normal to still show as V4.1 in the upper right hand side just thought it would be like V5.1 after an update ?

I thought long & hard about whether to update the reported graphing versions, but couldn't decide.
So I left it alone, thinking nobody would notice.  ;)

The main changes are to the stats harvesting & data processing programs. Hence version 2.0 for the package as a whole.

I might align the graph versions with any future minor updates.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »

I thought long & hard about whether to update the reported graphing versions, but couldn't decide.
So I left it alone, thinking nobody would notice.  ;)

The main changes are to the stats harvesting & data processing programs. Hence version 2.0 for the package as a whole.

I might align the graph versions with any future minor updates.

Well BE1 the harvesting & process's with HG612_stats don't seem to impact my PC at all running World of Warplanes and many other programs at once so your software for me is silent & clean with my OS (Vista) have not yet updated to r2.0 on windows 8.1 but the last updated files worked well, Many thanks for your excellent software  :clap2:

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »

That's great news, NS & thanks for the feedback.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »

Thanks from me too.   

Been running the new versions for the past week without any problems :)

----

A reminder that if you use the prog and like it, please give it a rating on freewares.   
It only takes 2 seconds to rate it, and even a review that only takes a couple of mins - you dont even need to create an account.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »

Hi kitz,

Thanks v.much for the feedback & for adding a review on freewarefiles.com.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 07:25:52 PM »

Other than installing .net 4 is there anything else that needs to be done eg on the modem? I dont seem to be getting any stats on the gui. Ip address is correct and I can navigate to the gui of the modem.
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »

No, it should work fine on an unlocked modem and since you can see the modem gui Im not quite sure what could have gone wrong.
Have you set the paths correctly?  Have you changed the password?

When you say youre not getting any stats, do you mean that the task isnt recording, or that you cant even see this stats page

-----

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »

I can see the stats page on the gui but no stats. I did change the gui password yes, but telnet still works with admin, admin.
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

If youre not getting any stats in that page, and the paths & settings under "Settings > Modem Settings" are correct, then Im afraid Im a bit at a loss to know what it could be :'(

Ive never had to change anything and I did a brand spanking new install last week when I did the updated tutorial.

iirc There did used to be some sort of VB file that you used to have to install on v1, that I didnt have to use this time, but Ronski or BaldEagle are probably the best person to reply and see if they can come up with any other reason what it may be.
-----

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 12:12:32 AM »

Dslstats seems to be working, so connectivity is ok.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 12:18:24 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5