Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats r2.0 released  (Read 29504 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 Modem Stats r2.0 released
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »

Mine is working perfect. Thanks for the software.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 07:22:58 AM »

You are welcome, Max.

Please feel free to rate it & write an honest review on the Freeware files download site.

glanville

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

I've now updated to the new version and all seems to be working OK.

But when I first tried the update yesterday when I ran HG612 Stats logging GUI I got a message in the GUI about being unable to read modem_stats.log. Now it was the evening, I may have been weary and screwed it up. But when I repeated the update today I still got the message the first time I entered HG612 Stats logging GUI. After exiting and entering the GUI again no error.

As I say it seems to be working OK, stats are accumulating and scheduled reports look good, but this error on first starting the GUI ... it's not normal is it?

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 10:31:16 PM »

As I say it seems to be working OK, stats are accumulating and scheduled reports look good, but this error on first starting the GUI ... it's not normal is it?

It does happen on occasion, the code which watches the log file is part of Windows, and for some reason it can fire twice, meaning my program effectively tries to open the log file again whilst it's already reading data from it, thus producing an error. I have seen it a few times, it's nothing to worry about. Clicking on the error message will open the GUI error log and clear the message from the GUI display.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

glanville

• Just arrived
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 12:09:48 AM »

I have seen it a few times, it's nothing to worry about.
Ah that's good. As I said it all seems to be working OK but it did set me wondering.

majnu

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 09:18:32 AM »

My virus checker has flagged this up containing a trojan virus. Is this a false positive?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 09:48:51 AM »

My virus checker has flagged this up containing a trojan virus. Is this a false positive?

Yes. It is a false positive.

All the programs do is access the modem's stats in a similar, but more efficient way to Telnet access, but some virus checkers occasionally see it as 'suspicious' behaviour & offer users the choice of allowing it & adding it to a list of exceptions or not.

I can assure you that allowing it is perfectly safe.

Which virus checker do you use & was a particular program named?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:08 PM »

Ive just redownloaded a fresh copy and run a check on it using MSE and it comes up clean.

BE -  Ive just uploaded the file for remote checking and  you may be interested in this report from Virus Total which I just ran on the file.   Whilst most AVs say its clean, something seems to be chucking up a false postive somewhere on some AVs :/

I cant understand what or why as its a standalone and I cant see anything which could even trigger that result, unless its one of the scripts, because it accesses information from another device on the network via telnet  [edit sorry just noticed you already said this too] ?

Ive forced a rescan, but it still comes up with this.

Edit.

Ive marked it as good on the latest report, perhaps youd like to too.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:32:25 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 08:47:23 PM »

The program "Blat" that is named in some of those virus checkers is simply a command line program used to email logs to me when remotely monitoring other connections.

It is stored in the Apps folder, just in case anyone else wanted to use it.

I run it from a batch file script via Task Scheduler on the monitored conections, but the batch files were intentionally not included in the public release.

If it causes concern, simply delete it or rename it as it isn't activated by anything in release 2.0.

Read what it is here:-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/blat/

Darren

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »

Good job on these scripts BE. One question, is there a way to adjust the scale on the graphs? I'd like to adjust the QLN scale from 0 -160 to -80 -180.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:26:25 AM »

It's currently hard coded, but I have attached a version of GRAPH6.exe that will do what you ask (see attached).

For curiosity, why have you asked for that range?

-160 is/was as far as the QLN data goes & that actually means 'not applicable'.

My program only plots anything from -159.999 to avoid having a flat line of 'not applicable' data anywhere in the graph.

The 2nd example shows what it would look like if including -160
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:01:32 AM by Bald_Eagle1 »

Darren

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »

Didn't realise it meant not applicable, why is it not applicable?

I had a resync at 2:30PM (completely unexpected given I had no spare margin, strange time of day aswell for a resync) and a chunk disappeared, I presumed it had dropped off the scale so wanted to adjust them, easily done with the old scripts. Looking at the raw data though it's all just changed to not applicable so it would indeed just be a flat line. From 0 to -80 just gives a bit more resolution.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:58:37 PM by Darren »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 12:15:22 PM »

bald eagle, the bug that existed some months ago is back.

I keep getting stuck hg612 processes using full cpu power of 1 core and lots of ONGOING-ISRUNNING-040800-210.TXT files

is it possible one of the fixes you put in 1.1 didnt make it to 2.0?

I am downgrading again to see if the problem stays away.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »

looks like 1.1 doing it also.  So had to turn that off now as well. :(

let me know what logs need.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »

Hmmm. That's odd.

2 releases that did work O.K. now don't work O.K?

I'm not seeing any issues at my end at all, but I am aware that some users have seen some issues during the last couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if any of the issues are down to the firmware version in use at the time and/or whether or not BT have recently 'tweaked' anything that NoBTagent 'blocked' firmware versions are struggling to cope with.

I am currently working on trying to determine what might be causing the issue(s), but until I see them first-hand at my end, I'm guessing a little as to where it/they might be.

Do you have any very recent Plink logs that you could post for me to compare against my own logs to see if there are any subtle changes?

Also, are you using the original programs from the 2.0 release or any of the amended 'test' programs that I have posted in this forum?

I suppose it's not completely beyond belief that a recent Windows update may have introduced an issue in certain circumstances.
It would be nice if Microsoft tested any proposed Windows updates for compatibility with my programs before automatically updating the world's computers, but I don't think that's very likely, do you?  ;) :lol:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5