Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I don't see anything wrong with trying to fix slight abnormalities  (Read 10177 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: I don't see anything wrong with trying to fix slight abnormalities
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 01:35:05 AM »

Quote from: kitz
LLU providers use MSANs.  Your ISP is LLU
My circuit is not LLU. It is CU.

Best regards
konrado5
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:47:00 AM by konrado5 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 02:02:37 AM »

Im not sure what CU is.
The documentation I read, said that Netia was LLU.   There may be a translation problem.

That doesnt affect the situation that Netia is supposedly installing Alcatel ISAMs.   BT isnt LLU but they still use MSANs.
This is going to get repetitive again.

I will state for the record that way back in October last year I said I suspected those missing tones were similar to what BE/O2 display and that I thought it may be radio ham, but you totally dismissed this suggestion for many months.

You are now dismissing what to me looks something far too co-incidental to be anything other than not too far from fact.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:36:22 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 02:15:16 AM »

I said I suspected those missing tones were similar to what BE/O2 display and that I thought it may be radio ham, but you totally dismissed this suggestion for many months.
This was problem with translation. I dismissed only suggestion there was total tone disabling, because I've seen sometimes some tones used, sometimes not. Instead, I had been suspecting PSD masks all along. For example in the reply #7 I asked the question:
Quote from: konrado5
Is it can be done at the way that ISP considerably limit power output on some tones? It would be good accounting for the fact I have always very low SNR on 410-477 tones and slight differences between different connections for example: sometimes I have 410th tone disabled, other times no.

Your reply was:
Unlikely, tone disabling by the SP is done using the PSD masking. AFAIK Power cut back is more regional based on line length, its aim is to stop the power level getting too high and drowning out neighbouring lines.  Saying that PSD masking also uses a form of power cut back to ensure certain tones dont go over 'x'dB
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13446.0

Best regards
konrado5

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 02:34:21 AM »

What???????????
That was about something else...  you were asking about the starting tones...  note how there I mentioned about the inverted 'U' that PSD masks often cause.  You ask so many questions sometimes it gets confusing.

Here in the UK weve not seen 'U'  PSD masking for hams/maritime.  Just tone disabling.  I give you any answers to the best of my knowledge.

I really do get the impression you are out to argue with anything thats said or suggested. 

Im out of here, because Im annoyed that Ive let myself be dragged into something where you arent going to take any notice of any suggestions made.
Im also annoyed that I had yet another god-damn security update to do tonight that didnt get done because I was responding to you.

In future I feel there is no point in attempting to answer any of your questions.  I waste far too much time when I should be doing other things... and you wonder why I get cross.  I cant win..  if I make suggestions, then its not good enough, if I dont respond, you demand an answer.

You try the patience of a saint.
Im backing out now.. you seem to be wanting to argue with what Ive said.   Therefore Ive nothing more to say.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:52:11 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »

Sorry, I have problems with translating my questions to english and thereby it can seem that I question about something else than I in fact question. This is one of reasons why I ask repetitive questions. I apologize if it seems I want to argue. I don't want to argue. I want to give you additional information so as to you could give better answer.
That was about something else...  you were asking about the starting tones...
Yes, in those thread I questioned about starting tones. But I also questioned one more timeabout 410-477 gap and suggested PSD masks because of the U shape.
Is it can be done at the way that ISP considerably limit power output on some tones? It would be good accounting for the fact I have always very low SNR on 410-477 tones and slight differences between different connections for example: sometimes I have 410th tone disabled, other times no.

I questioned in earlier message in the same thread (reply #4):
To be precise, I don't know whether on old DSLAM I've had also 410-477 tones disabled. I know only on old DSLAM I've had about 3 mbps higher synchronization rate. I think nobody broadcast radio in my town. Is it possible that on my DSLAM are unusual PSD masks that power output on these tones are very low? There are slight differences eg. at one synchronization tone 410 is used, by contrast at other that tone isn't used. What is more, I've reported it to my ISP but they said me my SNR graph for tones is normal on long phone lines

Sorry, I ask different questions in one thread. It can cause misunderstandings.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:20:36 PM by konrado5 »

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »

Konrado please STOP!! :o :'( :-X

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »

Konrado please STOP!! :o :'( :-X

There's no point, he won't listen.

My patience has come to an end, hence I shall not be responding to konrado5 any longer.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 12:56:51 PM »

1. kitz: have I explained clearly in post #34 what I meant in the past?
2. What can be cause of this short upstream SNR margin raisement about 1 dB
Unfortunately I've sent again too much image.

Best regards
konrado5
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:00:54 PM by konrado5 »

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »

Have you been on holiday? :-\
Missing all of your questions! :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3]