Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problem supplying broadband - Command ID > rejected  (Read 3385 times)

ant3000

• Just arrived
Problem supplying broadband - Command ID > rejected
« on: June 11, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »

Hi

I'm REALLY hoping somebody out there can help me! Have been without broadband for over 6 weeks with no resolution in sight!

I'll try to summarise as much as possible -

Having been with the Post Office Broadband (who have recently joined with Talk Talk) for a number of years I decided to take them with me while I moved home (better the devil you know) as I wanted to port my phone number to the new property (I run a home business).

Phone number transferred without issue however then have been unable to supply broadband! After much fobbing off I have managed to get them to straight talk with me and explain the issues which have been revealed in this order -

1. Initial transfer met with unsolicited feed so order was rejected
2. Looking into it (this was the fobbing off period)
3. Issue with the IP Stream? Affecting communication between Talk Talk and BT?
4. Speaking with BT to try and find resolve
5. Post Office sending "Command ID" which is being acknowledged but not processing any further?

I have a friend of a friend who works at Openreach and he tells me that their systems are showing no issue and works completed on the 20th May

Have spoken with both BT and Post Office sales teams and their line check are showing that broadband is available to the property?

Essentially I'm trying to make an informed decision as to whether it would be worthwhile moving services to a different provider in the hope that everything would be resolved although I am concerned about jumping ship only to find myself in the same boat and having to start from scratch to get a resolution?

Post Office can't give another update from BT until the 16th June.

Over to you guys! I really hope that there is a technical genius out there to which all of this makes absolute sense as I have hit a brick wall with my own investigations.

PLEASE HELP  :'(

JGO

• Reg Member
Re: Problem supplying broadband - Command ID > rejected
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »

If your 'phone is OK then I can't see any reason why you can't have some sort of Broadband, even if it is Free dial up. (yes bit of a comedown I know )

IF your problem is BT's hardware, then any ISP using it is as bad. 
Is there an alternative say Virgin ? This is not a recommendation but then at least you have something to threaten BT/Post Office etc with.

ant3000

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »

Thanks for replying.

Forgot to give details of the exchange. It's a BT wholesale exchange with various ISP's renting a pipe (think this is know as bundled?)

The exchange was recently upgraded for fibre BUT the cabinet in the village is not due to be upgraded until late this year / early next.

My Openreach friend tells me that the line is Fujitsu if that is of any relevance?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »

Having been with the Post Office Broadband (who have recently joined with Talk Talk) for a number of years I decided to take them with me while I moved home (better the devil you know) as I wanted to port my phone number to the new property (I run a home business).

If I'm reading that correctly, "Post Office Broadband" is just a resold service using the TalkTalk (Wholesale) network.

Assuming your home move was in the same exchange area (and I presume that must be true, for you have taken the same telephone number with you), it seems as if the problem is somewhere along that murky, indistinct line of communication between "Post Office Broadband", TalkTalk Wholesale and Openreach.  :-\

Would you be willing to disclose the name of the telephone exchange?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ant3000

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »

Hi

Sure, it's the Thistleton exchange. And your correct the move was within the same village so the exchange remained the same. (Ironically the exchange is only a couple of miles away!!)

ant3000

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »

Forgot to add! "post office broadband" was originally partnered with BT but (as far as I'm aware ) moved over to talk talk sept 2013.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »

Forgot to add! "post office broadband" was originally partnered with BT but (as far as I'm aware ) moved over to talk talk sept 2013.

Yes, that's what I vaguely remembered. (But not the date.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:40:44 PM by burakkucat »

ant3000

• Just arrived
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:20 PM »

Update - it seems that (after requesting an engineer visit) the problem isn't with my line or exchange but a breakdown in communication between the talk talk and bt systems!

As I understand it the command ID is part of the request from talk talk to activate broadband with bt but for some reason the bt systems aren't processing the request?

Decided to jump ship and move to bt in the hope that they'll have a better grasp of their own systems!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 12:45:51 AM »

Update - it seems that (after requesting an engineer visit) the problem isn't with my line or exchange but a breakdown in communication between the talk talk and bt systems!

Hmm . . . I suspected as such.  :-X  Sorry that we were unable to offer any direct help.  :(

Assuming that Beattie has not got her nether-garments in a twist, what "flavour" of broadband service will you be (eventually) using?

ant3000

• Just arrived
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 09:28:18 AM »

Went with the standard broadband unlimited package (until fibre goes live and then I'm on it like a fly on...)  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »

That read as eminently sensible.  :)