Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet and engineer appointments  (Read 7183 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Plusnet and engineer appointments
« on: January 30, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »

Any of you other guys/girls on plusnet had trouble with plusnet booking engineers, have they employed delaying tactics or refused?

Currently I have had a "BT wholesale database mismatch" stopping them booking an appointment for 2+ weeks.

Plusnet are stating they have no overide manual procedure, stating BTw have said twice be fixed in 72 hours and that if the 72 hours comes and isnt fixed there is no escalation procedure, so they are effectively stating this problem can last indefinetly and I could potentially never ever have a engineer regardless of severeness of fault, sounds believable?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Plusnet and engineer appointments
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:39 PM »

Plusnet is your CP/ISP. Openreach maintain the hardware infrastructure. BT Wholesale with or without a "database mismatch" does not come into the equation.

A PM to either Chris Parr or Bob Pullen may be beneficial.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »

burakkucat their forum staff are already coming back with this.

they are stating the mismatch is BTw side not plusnet side.

I think BTw are in the equation as plusnet report to BTw, then BTw report to openreach?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »

:hmm:  Hmm . . . Thinking about it some more, I suppose Plusnet are just retailing a BT Wholesale product.  :-\

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »

yeah I appreciate your input, so I guess is unsure is the answer?

I found a BTw page about escalating and pasted it on their forums, they said will escalate after the current 72 hours after I posted that.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »

Hmmm.  Not good.  A mismatch stops anything going through the automated system.   Seems a bit stupid that there is no override though.   I don't honestly know but surely there must be some way of raising this with btw.   IMHO they are your suppliers so they need to sort it, even if the fault in with btw.    Wonder why there's a mismatch, how long since you migrated?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »

Talking of "suppliers",  this email I just spotted in my mail box amused me.   
Its from BTWholesale to ISPs, but look how they now also use the term "our suppliers" when they mean BTOpenreach.    Gosh what a tangled web.

Dear Customer,

This afternoon, (Thursday 30 January) our suppliers experienced an issue with one of their systems, which has impacted the information that their engineers have been receiving for the allocation and closing of jobs.

Our supplier is taking action to resolve the problem and in the meantime they have been using alternative processes to ensure their people are able to work as effectively as possible.
They are working hard to minimise any impacts for you and your customers and they hope to have the situation completely resolved shortly.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and we will give a further update tomorrow.
BT Wholesale regrets any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 06:21:07 PM »

Hmmm.  Not good.  A mismatch stops anything going through the automated system.   Seems a bit stupid that there is no override though.   I don't honestly know but surely there must be some way of raising this with btw.   IMHO they are your suppliers so they need to sort it, even if the fault in with btw.    Wonder why there's a mismatch, how long since you migrated?

Given I had many problems migrating due to a buggy plusnet backend it wouldnt surprise me if somehow plusnet submitted incorrect data to BTw during the order, I dont recall having this issue on BT.

It has been a month since I migrated, and its common sense there is a way to overide.

Thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122772.msg1068754/topicseen.html#new looks like again another reassign of owner of ticket conveniantly "its not worth him raising it" note the lack of urgency in his tone.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 07:14:33 PM »

Chrys,

Just occasionally it helps to "rattle on the cage bars" of a greater entity within the organisation. It typing that, I'll quote the second paragraph of my initial response in this thread --

A PM to either Chris Parr or Bob Pullen may be beneficial.

HighBeta

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »

Hasn't Bob P changed rolls (business side ?)   http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120229.msg1042174.html#msg1042174

Paul Summers aka Customer Experience & Operations Director* is always worth a mention  ;)

*http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/people.asp?privcapId=10263946
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:55:58 PM by HighBeta »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »

I found a BTw page about escalating and pasted it on their forums, they said will escalate after the current 72 hours after I posted that.

If you haven't already done so, it may also help if your forwarded a selection of before & after graphs to Plusnet.

Proving the ongoing issues like that was the only way Plusnet were willing to persist in chasing my long standing dodgy connection issues in the face of BT stating that my line was physically perfect.

Surely a database issue shouldn't affect the physical line properties.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »

I hadnt realised Bob had changed role...  good luck to him, he was one of the best, so well deserved promotion for him :)

Chris Pettit may be another name to look out for then, I think he went over to CS from BOT last November.  He seems to know his stuff as he had input into my line fault when he was on the BOT team.
-----

anything