Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Using Dslstats For The First Time  (Read 14582 times)

c6em

• Reg Member
Re: Using Dslstats For The First Time
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »

Those lines which are interleaved upstream at an interleaving depth of I think 8 and above are fixed at 888kbps upload sync speed on the Plusnet system. No idea about other ISP's including BT sorry.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »

Glad the actual move went ok HP..  the upstream is a bummer though.  What was your target SNRm when on BE*.
The default 6dB on BTw compared to BE*s 3dB could be making a difference, but I think c6em may have hit the nail on the head.
afaik upstream and downstream interleaving can be set separately on adsl2+, so you could even ask if theyd just try turning off interleaving on your upstream if you dont want it removing from both.

>>>  a TG582N and I decided to try it. Seemed to work OK, but getting detailed info out of it didn't look easy

Although some dont like it, Ive come across far worse routers and I think it aint too bad for one of the shall we say less pricey models used by the ISPs.    I can actually find most things that I want, but it isnt always intuitive.   For example some links to access some features arent at all obvious.   It does however work very well with dslstats.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 10:52:04 PM »

afaik upstream and downstream interleaving can be set separately on adsl2+, so you could even ask if theyd just try turning off interleaving on your upstream
Thanks, I've already asked, so waiting to see if they'll do it.

Downstream my line won't always tolerate Fastpath at 3dB (it did for the first 2 or 3 years  :( ) so I'm being cautious for now and accepting the hit of 6dB interleaved.  :'(
Once the initial phase of DLM is over I'll try 6dB fastpath, hopefully it will be OK.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 06:49:25 PM »

Well I asked PN to remove interleaving on upstream, but they may have done it on both.
I'm now running at 1167kbps/15980kbps on a 6dB margin. DSLstats reports my downstream interleaving depth as 1 (upstream = 0).

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »

An interleaving depth of 1 means no interleaving, but I have no idea what zero means. I guess it could be just a false report from the router, or possibly a value which blocks DLM from making it interleaved again. (?)
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 08:27:47 AM »

I left the laptop running while we had dinner and found this message up.

Access violation.

Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.

I pressed ok and it seems to be running ok  :'(

(... and other related comments)

I'm afraid I've been completely unable to reproduce this behaviour. I set up a DG834GT and used it for a couple of days, but DSLstats worked flawlessly on both a 64-bit and a 32-bit Linux machine, despite trying many different options.

For the next release I have made some changes in error trapping and handling which might deal with your issues, but that's all I can think of doing at present.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything