Computers & Hardware > Apple Related

Apple Mac 30 years on.

(1/3) > >>

tickmike:
30 years  :o
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25909985

Black Sheep:
Best OS there is on the market. 'Updates' ?? Took up most of my life, with Gates OS. Never mind the 'Jet-plane taking off' noise that is a bog-standard feature of their towers. Them that dismiss Apple products have either a) Not tried them, or b) Can't afford them.
Snobbery ?? Possibly, but that is how the world spins around.
You get what you pay for, and as  a 'Mr Average' in the PC world (IE: I wouldn't have a clue how to construct my own PC), I just purchase 'Off the shelf' like I did with Gates 'Vista cr5p', and I would not go back in a million years. Apple are a far superior product for what I use it for.

sevenlayermuddle:
Worth remembering that OS/X is Unix under the hood.  And Unix is literally the grandfather of all Linux distributions.   From sympathy and respect for the Forum's linux community I'll restrain myself from making more specific comparisons, but suffice it to say hat IMHO so many Linux users would be at home with OS/X; once you bring up a command-line window they have an awful lot in common.   :)

But how many know the correct pronounciation (used within Apple) is, as in Roman numeral 'X', 'OS Ten'?   :graduate:

burakkucat:
As one whose early exploits were with Unix System III, the b*cat will just smile . . . enigmatically.  :)

Black Sheep:
ha ha, never knew that, 7LM. May pay dividends at a pub quiz in years to come.  ;) ;D
Got to admit to 'Going fishing' with my post above, but no buggers biting tonight !!  :'(  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version