Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Incredibly useful hat  (Read 4563 times)

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
Incredibly useful hat
« on: January 23, 2014, 12:05:35 AM »

Just before Christmas I was looking around my almost-local Aldi store (next town along from me) and saw they were selling a "fisherman's hat".  I don't fish, so almost ignored it, but I'm so pleased I didn't.

It's basically a baseball style of hat, but it has extra length at the sides and back to cover your ears and neck think Sherlock Holmes deerstalker, slightly).  This makes it pleasantly warm to wear when it's cold.

But it's chief point is that it has 5 LEDs along the peak of the cap, and a concealed push switch underneath.

Evidently it's meant for your fisherman to see to unhook fish or whatever it is they do, and keep warm, in the cold dark night, but let me tell you, it's marvellous for seeing where you're going on the way up to the shed on a cold dark winter's evening, or when you're under a desk trying to see inside a poorly lit computer.

The Aldi offers seem to come around again every few months, or you could google for LED fisherman's hat and find something similar.

It's great!

Ian

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
  Eric

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Incredibly useful hat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:20:40 AM »

........ or when you're under a desk trying to see inside a poorly lit computer.

It does sound useful, I got over the poorly lit computer problem by installing a strip light under my desk. It's the type you'd fit under kitchen cabinets.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »

Oooo that looks good !    Very useful for going down our track in the dark, it's pitch black (no street lights for kilometres  ;D )  -  not that I go down the track in the dark that often, but sometimes the shutter system     ( my own !!!! :'(    )  on a few side windows fails - usually when its dark and wet   :-X -  and I have to shut them manually from outside  ... might have a look at Eric's link and surprise hubby   :D    Thank you.
It's today that matters !

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »

My wife already thinks I'm a tad strange so if I were to start wearing one of these I think she would assume I'd gone completely ga-ga  :P :P :lol:

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »

I've got one of those LED head lamps, but find the straps give me a headache even when it's quite loose, and it looks daft!  The advantage of the hat with the built in lights is it's quite innocuous and I reckon most people wouldn't even look twice unless you've got the lights on.  My one runs off 2 x CR2032's which are replaceable, so there's not even heavy AAs to carry around in it.

The difference between the one I got from Aldi and the ones on Ebay and Amazon are that this is a wonderful winter hat - it's fleece lined and has the ear flaps that run all the way round the back, keeping your neck warm too.  (see picture!)

Ian

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »

My wife already thinks I'm a tad strange so if I were to start wearing one of these I think she would assume I'd gone completely ga-ga  :P :P :lol:

Stuart   my hubby KNOWS I've gone completely  ga ga    :D
I'm not sure  it's a fashion statement  !    :lol: perhaps brings a new meaning to 'evening wear'   ;D
It's today that matters !

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »

My wife Knows I'm ga-ga and if it's very very cold I will wear my Polish Cossack hat  8), then you do get funny looks but I do not care as my head is nice and warm  ;).
Nice one  @ UncleUB. ;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »

I'm not sure  it's a fashion statement  !    :lol: perhaps brings a new meaning to 'evening wear'   ;D

lol indeed  :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker