Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: coms - anybody any experience of this ISP ?  (Read 2359 times)

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
coms - anybody any experience of this ISP ?
« on: January 19, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »

Hi everybody,

Just got a letter from my ISP - coms - saying they've taken over my existing ISP - ADSL24 - and will be moving me to their new network on Tuesday. Seems I'm in the minority of customers who are presently on a C&W network and thus have to change existing incompatible user ID and password for a new ones. Plus a new static IP address. I'll then be on the "Coms DSL Unlimited" package.

Anybody any experience of this ISP or package?
Do they have their own network, or are they reselling BT or other?

Cheers,
Peter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: coms - anybody any experience of this ISP ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »

Dont know much about them Im afraid other than know they bought adsl24 customers.
afaik they are resellers and iirc in the early part last year they were about to embark on a major contract with one of the Telco's.   Despite searching I cant find that link now,  but Im guessing that was perhaps some partnership with Daisy?   

>> I'm in the minority of customers who are presently on a C&W network and thus have to change existing incompatible user ID and password for a new ones

Are you perhaps being moved over to the Daisy network?

----
Although I still couldnt find that link from last year, I did find this.. seems they still arent saying much, other than they seem to be growing and branching out.

http://www.coms.com/comsplcnews.html

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything