Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mk3 Faceplates  (Read 10133 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Mk3 Faceplates
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 02:37:14 PM »

Fitted the MK3, so what's changed, as expected in the space of the time I fitted it nothing, all could be just due to the time of day, although from 3pm I get ES racking up so shall see.

However, the SNR Down has gone up 0.1dB, the attenuation has also gone up 0.1dB, the upstream SNR margin has dropped 0.1dB.

Sync remained the same - although it's banded, the attainable went up by like 200kbps.

Will now be a case of monitoring this for a week and see how it goes, I may then swap to the Zyxel to see how that performs,
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 05:38:58 PM »

Please could you say what modem were you running and/or what state was the line in - just prior to going interleaved on 21st Dec?  The initial very tiny bit of stats back then on MDWS looks bad.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »

Please could you say what modem were you running and/or what state was the line in - just prior to going interleaved on 21st Dec?  The initial very tiny bit of stats back then on MDWS looks bad.

Yep on the 21st I'd just moved to 80/20 from 40/10, so that was a open wide DLM profile - no interleaving etc. Was the Huawei HG612.
Kind Regards
Jamie

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »

I did notice on MDWS you must have set a sync cap on the DS and after inserting the SSFP MK3 with the modem off as you do ;) the DS SNRM has gone back to normal modem line management and the sync has gone up from 59Mbps to 69Mbps as it should.

I am sure your trying your best to get back to non-interleaved but a week with the MK3 installed is blink of an eye to the DLM you may have to be very patient (months) this is not what you want to hear i know  :(

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »

I did notice on MDWS you must have set a sync cap on the DS and after inserting the SSFP MK3 with the modem off as you do ;) the DS SNRM has gone back to normal modem line management and the sync has gone up from 59Mbps to 69Mbps as it should.

I am sure your trying your best to get back to non-interleaved but a week with the MK3 installed is blink of an eye to the DLM you may have to be very patient (months) this is not what you want to hear i know  :(

The DLM set that Sync cap not me :) I had the RDI resync at 12:10 this afternoon - interleave downstream depth was lowered slightly as well.

I'm now dealing with peak congestion again ::) which TalkTalk don't seem to want to admit. I've gone from 65mbps earlier to this:

To be honest, it's not about gaining interleaving off as it generally doesn't bother me. That capped speed bothered me and now its lifted I'm much happier, I just want it to stay where it is now!  ;D
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »

How about this one then, the notable gap or dip on the left has always been there:

Not as severe as yours but still a dip and possible RFI?

Already mentioned by NS, but just a little clarification.

The reduction up to tone 525 is from a PSD (Power Spectral Density) mask.  Theres several different mask profiles which are dependant upon the distance of your cabinet from the exchange. The further from the exchange then the stepper the inverted 'U'.

The lack of bit loading in the upstream (U1) is due to power cut back (PCB).  The nearer you are to the cab and the exchange then the more PCB is applied to the line. 

Both PCB and PSD masks are similar to, but different from the profiles of adsl, which only had to worry about line distance.  With adsl longish lines saw little effects of PCB or PSD... which is way those on cabs far away from the exchange but EU's nearer the cab probably have the harshest profiles applied in order to stop their vdsl killing neighbouring adsl. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 08:49:24 PM »

To be honest, it's not about gaining interleaving off as it generally doesn't bother me. That capped speed bothered me and now its lifted I'm much happier, I just want it to stay where it is now!  ;D

Sorry Jid had a look back at your SNRM and it's not one of those forced sync capps  :blush:
Just keep the stats rolling and MK3 inplace.

Also you have had the FTTC modem up and running for many weeks yet it was only when you turned off the modem to install the MK3 the DLM cap was lifted, would have thought the modem would automatically retrain when the cap was lifted by the DLM  :-\
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:51:56 PM by NewtronStar »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 11:43:03 PM »

Also you have had the FTTC modem up and running for many weeks yet it was only when you turned off the modem to install the MK3 the DLM cap was lifted, would have thought the modem would automatically retrain when the cap was lifted by the DLM  :-\

Ok the DLM acted at around 12:10, I didn't fit the faceplate till around 14:20. The DLM retrained the line itself at 12:10, sorry for the confusion :) Its taken DLM 14 days to improve the line.
Kind Regards
Jamie

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 02:36:52 AM »

Just looking at your fecs on my tablet and your fec errors have increased since around 23:25  which seems odd  :-\

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 06:11:33 AM »

Just looking at your fecs on my tablet and your fec errors have increased since around 23:25  which seems odd  :-\

Yep is a bit strange, I'll keep an eye as this happened before, rebooting the modem stops them ???

Seems whatever was causing it stopped at 7am. ES look OK though so I'm not worried interleaving is doing its job :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:51:46 AM by jid »
Kind Regards
Jamie

Pages: 1 [2]