Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: so now im interleaved  (Read 21505 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: so now im interleaved
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »

Oops . . . b*cat has caused a bit of confusion!  :-[

My reference to "Eagle data" was meant to imply the the full load of statistics that could be prepared if Chrys had had HG612_stats (or whatever it is called) active for that period.

:paperbag:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:04 AM »

Although latency is a shade high (I have seen it as low as 5MS when Interleaving was turned off), I have never suffered from reduced throughput speeds, even when my connection was able to sync at around 30 Mbps+

would you be interested if I trade 10 Mbps of my thoughput for your 21-25MS it's a good deal but the 10 Mbps will have 35-38ms with an interleaving depth of 595 only one user it's a bargain  :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:49 AM »

the sync low point was 39.9mbit bcat. way above the low point of samknows tests.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:58:03 AM by Chrysalis »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 06:46:51 PM »

Hmm . . . So there was a infrastructure issue which, in turn (as to be expected), impacted upon the overall throughput.  :(

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »

engineer appointment tommorow.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »

Good luck. Hopefully you will have a visit by a person appropriate for the task.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 01:49:01 AM »

I don't see why you need a engineer appointment your fastpath is back your sync has returned just shy of 4 Mbps from what is was before am I missing something ? is this a freebe or will you be charged for this ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »

I don't see why you need a engineer appointment your fastpath is back your sync has returned just shy of 4 Mbps from what is was before am I missing something ? is this a freebe or will you be charged for this ?

a few things, all these just 3mbit, just 4mbit add up, currently over 40mbit combined, how much do i ignore? and below my estimated speed.
that water fault I assume still exists.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »

looks like a no show anyway, was a morning appointment.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »

Well.

2 guys have been now, they brushed me off right away with the speed vs estimated, I tried to push it and the guy was getting agressive so I dropped it, but I got them to test the line based on the water ingress and they have found a HR fault.  But they gone now as they said they ran out of time, so someone else will come. 

I think the water issue might be at the junction box as they looked for it (from the ground), and its hard to get to, so I dont think they even bothered to check that.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 08:33:07 PM »

I forgot about water ingress, sure by the time they get to use some kind of sealant you will be into march and the start of the drought season begins, and then the drop wires start to expand due to high temperatures in the summer, I'm amazed that broadband works ok for such changes of weather conditions year in and year out in the UK (so treat your Openreach Engineer like a drop wire give them a bit of slack) in hot or cold and wet days they are doing a excellent job to keep us connected  :thumbs:

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »

in plusnets own words, I got a bad service.

the engineer couldnt wait to get out newtronstar and almost refused to come in, he seemed offended I wanted my estimated speed.

also it was supposed to be a morning appointment and they came mid afternoon :(

I guess tho the upside is they diagnosed something, so there is something for them to fix and I now know wont be charged for the visit as well.

I can understand an engineer trying to improve a line speed and failing saying he cant do anything to help, but this guy had that attitude before he even walked in the door.  We even sort of argued, he said I had a "up to 72mbit service" I said I had a "up to 80mbit service with a estimated speed of 72mbit".  I can be agressive myself to people but this guy made me seem like santa in comparison, he was very agressive,  The 2nd guy listened but I think he was only a trainee.  He did say the test he carried out tho included the test for checking for a split pair (after he calmed down a bit) and it was the longest test I ever seen done on my line, lasted about 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:14:10 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »

The best way to sway an OR Engineer is to act innocent to the workings if you bombard them with facts & knowledge about BroadBand & phone 6 out of 10 Engineers will put their backs up unless they are total BroadBand Geeks like us,  :D kind of like a cat when it's cornered by an unfamiliar human they will scarper as soon as they see an exit.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:10:49 AM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 02:31:27 PM »

I will leave things how they are, just had a really friendly engineer he even let me play on his tester unit, but even he wouldnt actually do any physical checks and he ran his test about 5 times to try and find a failed test but couldnt.  He told me what he thinks could be causing the rain issue but as it only happens in really heavy rain and its not raining now he wouldnt be able to find it.   He also accepted how fast my line used to be + currrent estimate and didnt start claiming its impossible.

I think if this engineer wouldnt do anything I dont think another will.  Seems the days are gone where they will do a pair swap just to see if it helps.  At least round here anyway.

But as I said to him if the speed settled down and stopped dropping I would more easily accept it, but its the fact it just keeps going down, as for all I know it could be down to 40mbit in 6 months.

So still no physical checks done just remote tests, and also he said the HR fault was the faceplate giving a false positive.  So that wasnt a fault apparently.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »

When I had an engineer visit, he wasn't allowed to do a pair swap, not even allowed to check connections in the pcp.

Like yours, he was only permitted to run tests.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5