Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: so now im interleaved  (Read 21269 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: so now im interleaved
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »

I now know the cause of the issues on 7th 8th jan.

Today was some openreach vans doing work near the cabinet across road from me (not my cabinet).

I asked them if they did work on my actual cabinet and they said yes on 6-9 jan.

I asked what work they doing but they wouldnt tell me but I do at least now know the dates.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 12:06:15 AM »

I now know the cause of the issues on 7th 8th jan.

Today was some openreach vans doing work near the cabinet across road from me (not my cabinet).

I asked them if they did work on my actual cabinet and they said yes on 6-9 jan.

I asked what work they doing but they wouldnt tell me but I do at least now know the dates.

I don't know how you can build up the courage to walk up to an Openreach engineer working at the Cabs and ask them to divulge sensative information, always wanted to try that but was to conscious that the engineers would classify me as a Cab stalker  :lol: i'll try it the next time I pass an ORE at my cab and stop the car and jump out and ask are you messin with my line  :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:32:19 AM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 06:50:48 AM »

Well I started off easy, I just asked if they working around different areas, they said yes, then I dug a bit further asking if they worked on my cabinet 2 weeks ago, and they gave me exact dates from a peice of paper.  But when I got greedy asking what work they smiled and said cant tell me :)

There was also some of them working around the city centre area as well.

Incidently today is the 2 week point and sadly DLM still not relenting.

Darren

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 06:30:16 AM »

My line went years without interleaving and then started getting bursts or sustained errors during the evening so it kicked in. Even after the errors stopped I experienced a period of it turning on and off, it would be on for roughly two months then off for two months. No idea why it kept doing that, resyncs were rare and the bursts of errors had dissapeared. Thankfully interleaving stays off these days, even after resyncs due to negative margin (sub 6dB).

I hate to say it but interleaving in my experience can stay on for several months for seemingly no reason. I did moan at support a few times so maybe something was found and put right but you may be in for the same experience. I feel your pain.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 08:01:56 AM »

yesterday I lost another 4mbit attainable (I guess another new line install) so the crosstalk also keeps increasing.

Plusnet have already told me they believe one engineer wont be enough.

Darren and yeah thanks it seems a bad situation, although plusnet at least for now are treating it as a fault but mainly because how low my sync speed is.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 08:35:45 AM »

Another update its good and bad news.

I am now back on fast path.  It occured about 45 mins ago, so after 7am, not usual DLM time.

But my sync speed isnt great, currently 59995 appearing capped to maybe 60? as there is over 7db margin but the attainable isnt great I think with a 6 db margin I would maybe be at 62mbit which is 4 mbit below what I was when this saga started.

BT detected a "network fault" in my area and this is apparently going to be fixed very soon, without an engineer here at my property.  At least the net is snappy again tho, glad to be of that aweful interleaving.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »

Another update its good and bad news.

I am now back on fast path.  It occured about 45 mins ago, so after 7am, not usual DLM time.

But my sync speed isnt great, currently 59995 appearing capped to maybe 60? as there is over 7db margin but the attainable isnt great I think with a 6 db margin I would maybe be at 62mbit which is 4 mbit below what I was when this saga started.

BT detected a "network fault" in my area and this is apparently going to be fixed very soon, without an engineer here at my property.  At least the net is snappy again tho, glad to be of that aweful interleaving.

When I had a 'fault somewhere in BT's network', as stated by the automated diagnostic tool on BT's website, I assumed there would be no engineer turning up. Low and behold however, having had the fault occur on a Friday, and disappear by the evening (assuming it had been fixed and no longer an issue), the engineer turned up Monday morning around 8:30am (unplanned) when he first put on one of those medley tone things which made me jump lol (phone constantly ringing). Luckily I was in. He came to the door about 10 minutes later and said he's here to fix a fault with the line, I said to him the fault had gone, he said no it's still there. He was right though, he found a battery contact fault somewhere between the house and the PCP, spent hours here until he eventually swapped something round in the cabinet. Attainable rate improved as a result.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:04:48 PM by Ixel »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »

I did say two weeks  ;) see reply#12
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:35:39 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »

will be interleaved again tommorow.

only 200 crc errors yesterday.
only 20 for first 6 hours or so today.

But now is 7000+ registered, so been another burst of errors.  DLM will panic and overeact, affect on my mine hasnt been noticed as I have been using the net and tbb graph no packet loss.  But tommorow lag returns. :(

Plusnet will try to tell me its because interleaving is off, and they will try to sell to me that my bursts stopped the past 2 weeks because interleaving was on.

I am pretty sure I know the cause, water ingress on this occasion.

At 3pm was a very big storm, lots of hale, wind water.

Check the graph.

Result another 2+ weeks interleaving.  Which gets turned on 12+ hours after the event.

Newtronstar I hope you agree now that been DLM'd for the best part of a month for 2 singular events is OTT.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:40:48 PM by Chrysalis »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »

Your issue is probably different but my line has started showing similar spikes in crc.  I had been limiting them with a speed cap of my own but today I let the modem sync normally - was fine all morning but was hit like yours in wind and rain with a CRC peak of 2500.  I am fairly sure my "issue" is really interference from next doors fault see  http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13420.30
  Do you see up/down spikes in the snr at the same time?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 05:30:11 PM »

on fttc I have never seen snrm adjust with error spikes.

I dont know what caused my error bursts on the 7th and 8th other than the workers telling me they were working those dates near my cabinet, so they seemed a different cause.

But today was clearly in line with the storm.

The errors today were overall weaker and less than 2 weeks ago, only 10 SES and peaked at only 12 ES per minute vs 50 ES per minute for an hour 2 weeks ago, but I will be surprised if DLM ignores this.  It seems hypersensitive.  The storm was heavy but short, the errors were pretty much bang on in time with it.  I know the time as the football started at 3pm right in the middle of it.

Rain has never affected my line before, seems a lot of 'firsts' happening since I signed up to plusnet but I got a feeling they going to try and tell me this is all normal for my line, its worth pointing out the open fault is not to do with the previous errors (plusnet tried to tell me to put up with DLM/interleaving) but is due to my low sync speed vs my estimate.  I am curious if BT did 'start' work on this network fault, left something exposed as a result and hence what happened today.

More stormy weather is due tommorow as well.

My ticket with plusnet has been updated now with a less friendly more firm response as I do feel they have been too laid back so far.  These guys supposedbly decent at handling faults and they havent even managed to book an appointment yet after 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:36:20 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »

Newtronstar I hope you agree now that been DLM'd for the best part of a month for 2 singular events is OTT.

Oh yes I totally agree the DLM is way to sensitive and the 14 day wait is ridiculous and that's putting it mildly.

keep us posted and  :fingers: you don't get moved back to smelly old interleave overnight.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 06:40:50 PM »

if I do, do you know if it treats a 2nd rapid occurance with a longer recovery time?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »

ok so I didnt get interleaved, the issue on saturday was less severe than 2 weeks ago and it seems that was below the threshold.  In addition this morning the 60mbit banding was removed, it will be interesting to see the affect on errors from 7.1db snrm down to 6.4db snrm.  If we exclude the issue I had on saturday the crc error rate was low, I think I had 190 errors all day yesterday (vs 2000 last day before issues started).  In 2 hours today with about 0.7db less snrm I have 30 crc errors.  when considering each bit is worth 3db of snrm, I do wonder why a 6db margin is chosen instead of 7db as 7db allows 2 bits to be removed on a tone whilst still maintaining a positive snrm.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »

Thats Good news  ;D your SNRM of 6.4dB would be ok as long as it stays like that during the peak times what I have noticed my errors start ramping up when SNRM go's below 5.8dB in the evening and thats with an extra 1000kbps added to sync since the last HG612 flash 4 days ago
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

anything