Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: so now im interleaved  (Read 21271 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
so now im interleaved
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:50:51 AM »

all sorts has been going wrong since I joined plusnet, this one seems coincidence tho.

DLM hit me a few hours ago this morning.  The cause is evident on my tbb graph and confirmed by the hg612 stats logger graph.  Had some crc errors around 5pm (snrm didnt budge tho).

Unlike last year I am getting FEC errors in the thousands rather than in double digits so I am not so confident of DLM reverting me assuming that burst of errors was a one off. 

to those who got plusnet to do line checks did you just ask on the forums and they did it?

Also I may now downgrade my firmware soon given this firmware has higher error rates. 

If after a week still interleaved I may have to plug the friztbox back in to revert DLM.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: so now im interleaved
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:04:53 AM »

no CRC errors at all but the FEC error rate shot up from 9.57am onwards today, the delta reported in ronski's app is hovering around 2000.

Reported fault to plusnet, will see what they say.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »

Welcome to the Interleavers Club  ;)

Has your Sync been affected by the DLM since moving to Interleaving ?
Have looked at your graphs and the errors are that excessive in the burst time frame, which makes me belive your line was just on the edge from moving away from fastpath.

as a comparison my Interleaving is at 599 and Fec's vary from 84 to 20000 still not as bad as 100000 per min I had last year.

Now the big question is how long before your moved back to fastpath, this could be weeks to months when looking at Ronski's Interleaving/Fastpath issue on the forums  :-\
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:34:54 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:10:35 PM »

I dont know if was on the edge, but the cause is that burst of errors around 5pm.  Before 9.57am my FEC delta was arond 0-30.  You can clearly see on my graphs exspecially this one the difference between my normal line behaviour and the fault, it was "on the edge" just slightly moving above a threshold.

Right now its back down to 0 delta.  The source seems to have stopped again.  total CRC remain 0 so FEC is doing its job at least.

Still no CRC errors at all.

DLM has affected my line in 2 ways really.

The sync has lost 5mbit of speed due to FEC overheads.
The increased latency is slowing down my ramp up speeds. (net less responsive browsing etc.)

Here is a 12h FEC graph.  So you can see how it is before it started/stopped during the day today.  A very clear difference.  notice also whilst it was ongoing it seemed to be increasing intensity.

also plusnet support are a very high standard, the guy who rang me today has took ownership of the issue, when my voice transfers it will be escalated with more tests, we had a long conversation about it on a technical level, not dumbed down like BT support.  I was open with my modem been unlocked etc. and he had no issue with that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:18:37 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 08:09:13 PM »

Yes it looks like the higher errored seconds count for 2 hours has caused the DLM to adjust your line but still your FEC errors are low compared to my own.

It all looks quiet again and are errored seconds back to normal again ? it suggests to me your DLM is to sensitive to small bursts of errors.

Ill stick my neck out and say if you have no more bursts of errors in 7 days then the DLM will return your Fastpath on day 14  :fingers:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:11:51 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »

yeah DLM will react if a short burst of errors its punishing :(

however since the problem was back today I obviously need to resolve that before worrying about DLM, it lasted for 6 hours today.

yes right now since I went back to my pc earlier the FEC is quiet, delta is 0 everytime I look at it.  But I expect this problem is probably going to be back tommorow.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »

My delta at work was regularly half million FECs a minute, although recently it has been dropping , and is now around 150,000 a minute.

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »

however since the problem was back today I obviously need to resolve that before worrying about DLM, it lasted for 6 hours today.

yes right now since I went back to my pc earlier the FEC is quiet, delta is 0 everytime I look at it.  But I expect this problem is probably going to be back tommorow.

I did notice in both graphs 7th and 8th of January you posted the errors end at 15:45 and 16:30 so thats something to look into.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:03:35 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 01:06:16 AM »

I did notice in both graphs 7th and 8th of January you posted the errors end at 15:45 and 16:30 so thats something to look into.

At this point I am assuming someone near my line got a new device and started using it late in the afternoon on tuesday and then used it again most of the day yesterday, it could be a business given its in working hours and on my road is lots of shops, and other businesses.

Plusnet are suggesting it may be a voltage issue on the line.  But they cant run full tests until voice is transferred over.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »

problem wasnt here today, today's data.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »

problem wasnt here today, today's data.

Thats good news Chrysalis, would like to see your DS Error Seconds Graph for the same time frame just to make sure your line has settled down  :-\

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 03:30:00 AM »

I have had total of 2 ES since I was interleaved both from the 9th.  The FEC on the 8th didnt cause any ES.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »

I have had total of 2 ES since I was interleaved both from the 9th.  The FEC on the 8th didnt cause any ES.

Right the DLM should have restarted its error counter for your line on the the 9th of January and all being well you should see a result on the 24th of January at 3:48am as long as there are no more bursts of errors,

If it see those errors again before the 24th of January then your back to square one again  :(

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 06:38:13 AM »

Well I am hoping it will revert before 2 weeks thats a long wait.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 05:53:28 AM »

line resynced.

still interleaved same depth.

now appear to be banded to 40mbit down woooh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

anything