Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DSLstats v4.40 released (now version 4.40.1)  (Read 16065 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v4.40 released (now version 4.40.1)
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »

Summary of current situation:

As with the previous version the Hlog tones display does get to the full width but cuts at about 3650 - you can see the rest if you scroll but it would nice to use the same scale as the tones.

The QLN and HLog graphs now have a "Horizontal compression" control like the Bitswaps per tone graph.

As well as the copy to clip board on the stats, a save option putting a .txt file with the snapshots would be nice?

The Stats text can now be manually saved or set to autosnapshot.

Is the refresh interval for the html pages configurable, as these seem to be fixed at 30 seconds?

The refresh interval is now configurable in the program.

Is there any way of preventing DSLstats from doing a complete screen refresh when the webserver is enabled?

All the webserver (and snapshot) activity now takes place off screen, so there's no display disruption.

If the webserver is enabled and then disabled and later enabled again then I get an access violation error message box pop up and DSLstats aborts.

Fixed.

I would like to see an option that takes a snapshot, on exit, of only the graphs that are set to autosave.

Implemented.

Only a minor cosmetic bug, but the graph line thickness setting is not applied on the SNRM per band graphs.

Fixed.

The SNRM per band still needs to be added into the .ini as you have to still have to select it manually.

Fixed (as far as I can tell)

just wanted to let you know I am still getting failed QLN and HLOG graphs, ive just checked all my saved folders from every time ive had it running and all graphs save properly except QLN and HLOG, it saves them but theres no data, they are 0KB in size

Fixed.

I intend to release v4.41 in a day or two.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »

Many thanks for all the hard work, I look forwards to the update.   but I may be daring to ask for More......   ;D

On the config custom commands I use the "when dsl connection is down" option but seem to have an erratic issue with unwanted commands sometimes being sent after coming out of standby.    I "think" the issue may just the network adapter taking longer to get going than dslstats.  I am not sure how you are testing the connection is up and what order things happen in.

I should not be having trouble if you first check whether to modem is accessible and always just stop dead and do nothing at all if it is not instantly accessible.  i.e. modem inaccessible tested first and giving stop dead and wait for next sample, and not the same as connection down.  Maybe this is not the current order?  If it is I need to test more!

I am in effect wondering if you are checking for a connection e.g. by ping getting nothing and then - by which time my network adapter is up - logging on?  If not can you say what order things run in so I can do more intelligent tests.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:31:29 AM by les-70 »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »

The way the program detects the state of the modem is built into the sampling process. At each stage there is a success or failure, and if there's a failure a message is displayed to say what failed. Up to and including the result "No stats received", further actions are aborted until the next sample is due.

What I may not have got quite right is the linking of the custom commands to the various failure results, so I'll be looking more closely at that. I'm also uncomfortable about what happens during and after standby, because I have no idea in what order the different parts of the system come back to life. What I'd like to do is put DSLstats on pause immediately before the system goes into standby, and unpause it after the system has returned to life, but implementing this is beyond me at the moment.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 12:04:24 PM »

Fortunately it always seem fine for me with Standby apart from this issue.  If the first test is modem accessibility (not web accessibility) and if it is not accessible you do nothing apart from wait till the next sample I don't think I should have a problem.  If you could check that some time it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:21:47 PM by les-70 »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

If the first test is modem accessibility (not web accessibility) and if it is not accessible you do nothing apart from wait till the next sample I don't think I should have a problem.

That's what's meant to happen, but I will check again to make sure.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]