Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

DSLstats v4.40 released (now version 4.40.1)

(1/10) > >>

roseway:
This release has one new feature, plus a number of small tweaks and fixes. The new feature is an embedded webserver which enables you to monitor several of the graphs and stats pages remotely, either over your LAN or over the internet. To use the webserver over the internet you have to configure your router to forward one selected port (port 55555 by default). More details here: http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/webserver.html

Full list of changes since v 4.31:

- fixed longstanding bug which could sometimes cause access violation when autosaving snapshots
- QLN and HLog graph timestamps are now refreshed only after a stop or pause (i.e. when the
  data is re-read)
- fixed issue which resulted in incorrect VDSL2 band plan detection on some systems (hopefully)
- the legend displayed on most graphs can now optionally be at the top right or top left
- the Configuration tab is now at the right hand end (to the right of the Event Log tab)
- added an embedded webserver to enable remote monitoring of the DSL connection
- added startup check to ensure that only one instance of DSLstats is running

[Edit] A file was missing from the download archives. This has now been corrected and the version updated to 4.40.1

http://dslstats.plainroad.me.uk

les-70:
  Up and running but on vdsl since 16:30 yesterday,  I have a good 80/20 sync but poor and erratic throughput at the moment on TalktalkB.  I suspect/hope something needs setting correctly in TT GEA hand over in the exchange.  They may not have done with the late time of the  install.  A few of points, two perhaps as I am new to vdsl

1. Using the HG622 as modem router at the moment I get some narrow blue strips in the bit loading. What are these?

2. As with the previous version the Hlog tones display does get to the full width but cuts at about 3650 - you can see the rest if you scroll but it would nice to use the same scale as the tones.

3.  As well as the copy to clip board on the stats, a save option putting a .txt file with the snapshots would be nice? Maybe I am missing something.

4   Are there any security issues with the web server?

les-70:
  An extra point,  The max speed on the connection speed graph is 200Mb/s which seems rather optimistic! I can't spot how to change it and it limits resolution of the actual speeds

broadstairs:
Up & running here now. Not using the webserver though. I dont have any issue with it, just dont believe I need it.

Stuart

roseway:

--- Quote ---1. Using the HG622 as modem router at the moment I get some narrow blue strips in the bit loading. What are these?
--- End quote ---

They are intended to indicate tones which are unallocated or in overlapping bands. If you look at the pbParams data (under Telnet Data) and check the Medley Phase information, you'll see there are some tones which aren't in any allocated band, and there may also be some tones which appear in more than one band. For example, it's quite common for the first upstream band and the first downstream band to overlap. In these circumstances there's no way to know whether the tones in question are being used for upstream or downstream.

--- Quote ---2. As with the previous version the Hlog tones display does get to the full width but cuts at about 3650 - you can see the rest if you scroll but it would nice to use the same scale as the tones.
--- End quote ---

I've neglected this issue. I'll put it on the list for attention.

--- Quote ---3.  As well as the copy to clip board on the stats, a save option putting a .txt file with the snapshots would be nice? Maybe I am missing something.
--- End quote ---

You're not missing anything. I'll add it to the list.

--- Quote ---4   Are there any security issues with the web server?
--- End quote ---

DSLstats doesn't by itself do anything to expose you to the internet. If you run the webserver and set up the port forwarding in your router, then that port is potentially open to abuse, and that risk is exactly the same as with any program which makes use of port forwarding. All I can say is that I've used published and tested code and all DSLstats does is serve some simple web pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version