Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DLM is rubbish at recovery after line stabilizes  (Read 2210 times)

DeadMan

DLM is rubbish at recovery after line stabilizes
« on: December 21, 2013, 07:13:35 AM »

It's been since the 5th that I had a large spike in noise and my line sync dropped while interleaving went up. I want to know why DLM takes so damned long to do anything to drop the interleave back to where it was. Does anyone know if it works on past trends? Like it see's that there were previous instances of noise bursts and figures there is no reason to drop the interleave and re-sync due to it probably happening again too soon in the future?

ryant704

• Reg Member
Re: DLM is rubbish at recovery after line stabilizes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »

The DLM is doing it's job, the noise is still present on your line until the noise is no longer present the DLM your line where it is with Interleaving applied.

Your line has errors from the interference, the Interleaving is used as an overhead to give you the your MSR for your line.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »

Look at your SNRM graphs. They are abnormal.  :(

I predict that they will return to some form of sanity once the season of flashing Christmas-tree lights has passed. When that occurs, I would then expect the DLM to start to reduce the interleave depth -- slowly but surely.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »

If I remember correctly the last time the Square Wave SNRM hit me was in 5th of November and the cure was to turn off the FTTC modem overnight and turn it back on in morning daylight hours

though your graphs are showing only the US SNRM to be affected by the Square Wave anomaly
see my thread http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13207.0