Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beattie - are the worst??  (Read 2232 times)

Berrick

• Reg Member
Beattie - are the worst??
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »

I like British and I don't think we do enough to support British companies so I don't like saying this,
sorry everyone BUT I hate this British Telecoms company!  >:( :shoot: :wall: :rain:

Today the latest in Beattie cock-up's take the 'iss, do they take lessons in how to get it wrong?

I run a business and use my BB quite extensively carrying out my business. I have been a customer of this telco for many many years, consequently BB Talk is included. Again I used this service as my business line and have been for many a year without a homhub or BT phone in sight. I use Asterisk.

For months Beattie have been sending me mail about free upgrade to fibre so after consideration of the following

Your existing contract terms will not change

I decided to go for it.

During the conversation I had with the lady I was talking to I again asked if my terms and conditions would change. Again I was told no they wouldn't so agreed to move to fibre.

Bugger me (language Timothy), if shortly after this phone call my BB went down and when it came back no VoIP, followed by an email telling me

You have chosen to close your BT Broadband Talk account

I most certainly hadn't it was never even mentioned. When I phoned back to question this I was told BB Talk would work until the switch over. This is clearly not true as everything I tried fails, even my BB Talk account doesn't work <Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr>

How do I complain, I don't want to email in the first instance I would like to talk to a person, is there any point trying to complain this company seems to excel in hiding this sort of information?

Any advice would be appreciated, I apologies if I have broken any rules and understand if I get flamed but I flippin cross
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Beattie - are the worst??
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

You have a pm  ;)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Beattie - are the worst??
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »

Strange, as BT Talk should carry on working until the switch to FTTC ? Once the switch has been completed on the day the engineer visits, then you would lose BT Talk.

Plenty of ways to complain, plenty of folk to help you with that on here.  :)

anything