Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Decreased line attenuation  (Read 11714 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Decreased line attenuation
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 01:22:35 PM »

>> who funds OFCOM and the way OFCOM is under control of those with an interest in profit.

I'm not up to date on this - but isnt the board of OFCOM mostly made up by ex-cable cronies?
Hence why some say and feel that the cable providers for eg always seem to get a less harsh deal than BT in certain instances?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

graevine1

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 01:35:44 PM »

Sorry, just look at the control (by finance etc) of OFCOM. Then there is the OFCOM users pannel, God what a waste, lets see a proactive panel, not one that says hey look we exist ! and then only after they have put their dinner plates aside Oh and probably had the odd cigar and port. The customers want action not a few odd words after the panel may feel they have been left behind. Action not wasted words. Kitz you and others spend so much time On line and line termination equipment faults) that could be better directed if the infrastructure was up to scratch and its management was even minutly capable.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

Sorry I will not go further at present but.

I so wish this was true but sadly you keep on banging on and on and on.

Does this board have an ignore function?

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »

The customers want action not a few odd words after the panel may feel they have been left behind. Action not wasted words.

I would rather see the back of Ofcom. The one time I actually went to them with an issue/complaint about Tiscali they were useless and just said they were monitoring the situation.

I don't want any more action either, Ofcom is meddling enough as it is. It is the competition they encourage which is stifling investment in infrastructure.

graevine1

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »

If all users got together, united, and spoke with a common voice, (in respect to line faults and Exchange termination issues) you would be surprised how quickly we would get a fine service in the UK. No company (or any of its Directors) that has an International presence can today exist with the number of users of broadband shouting "Fix this network"
"Power is in people" If you rizzla are content with your service, which I am at present, then, its a poor country that we live in that so many individuals feel (Kitz & Co) to give endlessly of their time in giving free assistance to people they dont know, will never meet, and never do anything or pay those giving of their time to help them.
Broadband must be getting quite unique in all the volunteer help that is given to sort out one group companys failings!!!! for whatever reason, NO excuses accepted.

graevine1

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »

Soms, I have a lot of sympathy for what you have just added and it may be the writing is going to be on the wall for OFCOM before to long. There will be the emmergence soon of a pan European Office of Communications replacement. This should ensure that the existing Network DOES conform to a standard and that you at last know for what you are paying !!!!!!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 04:05:22 PM »

I think the time has come to draw a line under this thread. It's drifted way off the original topic and now has nothing to do with hardware. Thank you.

Eric

DrTeeth

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

This is what privatisation achieves.

Allow me to totally disagree. It is not inevitable.

It is what BAD privatisation achieves.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Pages: 1 [2]