Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Useful Article  (Read 2243 times)

JGO

• Reg Member
Useful Article
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »

The following explains simply  what Vectoring is about :=

http://www.ospmag.com/issue/article/vectored-dsl-rescue

( It doesn't explain the name, but calling it old fashioned "Neutralisation" clearly wouldn't be good enough when it is done digitally ! )

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: Useful Article
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »

Don't understand much, if any of it but
Implication #3: Coexistence Among Vectored and Non-Vectored DSL Lines
It is possible that non-vectored and vectored lines share the same binder; for example, if legacy DSLAMs are not replaced as newer vectored DSLAMs are installed. In such cases, the crosstalk generated from the non-vectored lines to the vectored lines cannot be cancelled. If left unmanaged, such crosstalk will reduce the benefits of crosstalk cancellation performed among the vectored lines. The proper management practice is then to reduce the transmitted power levels of the non-vectored lines to a level no higher than what is the minimum required to maintain their service requirements. Any such adjustment of the transmitted power levels must be made on a line-by-line basis, after taking into account the conditions under which each line operates.
Lovely, doesn't that sound? Cure one problem by degrading someone else's service, it seems unless I am mistaken. ::)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Useful Article
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »

I think BT are already doing that, my line has the symptons that simply the power has been cutback.

anything