Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: App updates  (Read 1639 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
App updates
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:50 PM »

Seeing 7LMs post here, has reminded me to post something thats becoming a bit of a bug-bear for me and thats the amount of updates I seem to have to do on my i-pad and phone.

Granted the ipad is mostly apps, but my (Android) phone atm is pretty bad for updates of late.  Is anyone else seeing this.

Even more annoying I have it set for update only on wifi, yet Ive just noticed that last week when I wasnt home a nice chunk of my data allowance was taken up by a dozen apps auto-updating when surely they shouldnt  >:(   

Hardly a day goes by when at least 3 apps update.  Ive only installed about 6 custom apps and all the rest are things that came on the phone that I dont even bother with.

grrrrrrr..  guess Im going to have to delve deeper and try turn some things off. I have no idea why there seems to be so many updates.  :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: App updates
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »

I constantly get reminded to update apps that I don't use and can't remove them.The ones that come built in when you get the phone.I think there are around 13 altogether.I only have the ones I installed and use to auto update.

This is Android by the way version 4.1.2

I have auto settings ON for both check for updates to the o/s and also only update when wi-fi is on

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: App updates
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:55 AM »

I changed some settings so that it cant update even on wifi now. 

So the past 2 nights I get notifications at 3.45am on my phone saying Updates need doing.
I do not appreciate being woken up 2 nights in a row for that.  GRRRRRRRRRRR.   :-\
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker