Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HG612 Stats Stopped Working  (Read 8405 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: HG612 Stats Stopped Working
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 12:12:27 AM »

Could you try running HG612_current_stats.exe & then send these logs from the time of the 'crash':-

Current_ERROR.LOG
GRAPH6_ERROR.LOG
ERROR.LOG
ERROR.LOG_file_ERROR.TXT
Login_events.TXT
HG612_stats.ini

Also the same logs from just before to just after a scheduled event may help (say from 22:00 tonight).

DeadMan

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »

The logs you have are all from the times it has crashed. Unless there is too much info in them to scour through? I would have to move/delete the existing logs otherwise.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:09 AM »

I can't see anything from 22:00 tonight in any of the logs.

Have you tried running HG612_current_stats.exe manually yet to see what ends up in the logs?

Also, what is in the last few rows of output on screen before HG612_current_stats.exe crashes?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:34:26 AM by Bald_Eagle1 »

DeadMan

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »

I run it from a clean install folder and it still crashes (renamed the old folder temporarily) and do not get anything in the current stats folder. All I get is these.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:39 AM »

Thanks for having a look.

I checked the folder but couldn't see a error file, but do remember the pop-up message,  I wonder if the error file was maybe cleared when I renamed the original modem log to old and a new one was created ?.

HG612 seems to be running still, need to look at the stats myself and maybe log a call with PlusNet, just had a resync at 19:40 which hasn't happened before normally only during the early hours and whilst these were infrequent prior to BT's handywork they seem to be more frequent now or is it just co-incidence ?

The error log won't be deleted, it's possible you're using a version which doesn't create an error log, latest version can be downloaded from the first post in this thread

As for resyncs at unusual times, we had one at work the other day, I'm sure it was 7:30, and I've seen later times as well, although they are generally in the early hours of the morning.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 07:31:40 AM »

I run it from a clean install folder and it still crashes (renamed the old folder temporarily) and do not get anything in the current stats folder. All I get is these.

Assuming you posted the FULL content of your HG612_stats.ini, I get exactly the same symptom if I use it.

The bottom of HG612_stats.ini should look like this:-

Code: [Select]
[Logging]
Ongoing_Logging = YES
Current_Stats = YES
Current_Stats_Interval= 8                                                                               
Current_Stats_Datum = 06

[Editor]
Use_own_tasks= NO

[Event/Error_logging]
Extensive_event_logging= YES

If you don't have these entries in your ini file, add them & resave the file & then try HG612_current_stats.exe:-

Code: [Select]
[Editor]
Use_own_tasks= NO

[Event/Error_logging]
Extensive_event_logging= YES

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »

@BE1 the Editor entry does not need to be in the HG612_Stats.ini file, it won't do any harm, but it's left over from a much older version of the GUI editor.

@Deadman Run the latest version of my GUI, alter a setting, and then change it back and save the settings, this should correctly create the ini file.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 08:45:16 AM »

Hi Ronski,

Have downloaded the editor as per the link, so far no further issues with the HG612 prog.  One thing re the resyncs and it seems to coincide with the BT update is that previously the retrain reason was 2 now it is always 1, am just trying to figure out if I should log a call with PlusNet like I say I previously very seldom got resyncs now it is more than weekly.

Cheers

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »

I had quite a few resyncs after the firmware changes, but things seem to have settled down now.  It wouldn't hurt to raise a ticket with Plusnet, they can check the logs their end.

DeadMan

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 04:23:52 PM »

I don't know if it was to do with making a forced save in the GUI but it seems it's working again (for now). Is there a way to stop the error log from getting so big in future?

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »

Doing a save from within the GUI will save the ini file, and will make sure all options are included.

You can turn off extensive logging, option is on the additional settings tab,  or do as I do and rename the log every so often. Then after a while delete old error logs.

I may even add this functionality to the GUI.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »

@Deadman Run the latest version of my GUI, alter a setting, and then change it back and save the settings, this should correctly create the ini file.

Today's version of HG612_current_stats.exe now defaults to "YES" for Extensive_event_logging (for users that don't have the relevant entry in their ini file).

Other users can still disable it via the GUI if required.

I'll include disabling the debugging logs via the same switch & then I believe it's time to release v 2.0 as an interim measure.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

I believe it's time to release v 2.0 as an interim measure.

Start a new thread to announce it, and I'll make it sticky to replace the 1.1 announcement.
  Eric

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »

Thanks Eric, will do - possibly after this weekend.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »

I believe it's time to release v 2.0 as an interim measure.

as things stand i used r1.1 Hg612_stats and installed the most upto date files from BE1 posts on the forum and also installed rons upto date Settings editor GUI via the forums and all works flawlessly.

It's been hard to keep up so yes V2.0 is very welcome  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3