Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DSLstats v4.11 released  (Read 19424 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: DSLstats v4.11 released
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »

No problem. Kittehs try to be friendly with everyone.

:friends:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 12:34:18 AM »

No problem. Kittehs try to be friendly with everyone.

:friends:

Friends :).

I just hope some of what we taught him went in and perhaps we can sleep easy knowing that we may have (slightly) helped him.

Banning people is never a good thing and I really feel for Kitz who has had to make a very difficult decision.

Oh well :(.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 07:45:01 AM »

I'm sure he won't be lonely, as he seems to be on other forums such as TBB and Oz's Whirlpool[url]][/url=http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2142394] Oz's Whirlpool[url] Once banned can a person be reinstated?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 08:24:16 AM »

Hmm ?? Let me think on that one  ??  ;) :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »

Eric I have had the same issue updating to this release in that the custom commands to do get run apart from the initial run when DSLStats starts for the first time. I have to go in and play with all the settings and it will then start OK. Not sure yet if this happens on every start or just the first one because it is reliable and had been up 60+ days. I'm just rebooting the PC for another problem but will check to see if it starts again OK without the update.

Stuart

Yes the problem does seem to happen on any restart of the program, I'll try to work out which option I need to tweak to start it again.

It started again when I unticked Every and then ticked it again. I have no idea if the other settings would have fired as none of the conditions happened bu they are all ticked.

I've traced the source of this issue, Stuart. It only relates to the "Every" option. I'll upload fixed versions shortly.

Fixed versions available at http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:05:18 PM by roseway »
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

<Cough> -- another fur-ball.

Wasn't that a self-imposed exile?  ;)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2013, 08:16:13 AM »

Eric I have had the same issue updating to this release in that the custom commands to do get run apart from the initial run when DSLStats starts for the first time. I have to go in and play with all the settings and it will then start OK. Not sure yet if this happens on every start or just the first one because it is reliable and had been up 60+ days. I'm just rebooting the PC for another problem but will check to see if it starts again OK without the update.

Stuart

Yes the problem does seem to happen on any restart of the program, I'll try to work out which option I need to tweak to start it again.

It started again when I unticked Every and then ticked it again. I have no idea if the other settings would have fired as none of the conditions happened bu they are all ticked.

I've traced the source of this issue, Stuart. It only relates to the "Every" option. I'll upload fixed versions shortly.

Fixed versions available at http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html

Eric I can confirm that it is indeed fixed. Thanks very much.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »

You're welcome Stuart. Thanks for confirming it.
  Eric

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »

<Cough> -- another fur-ball.

Wasn't that a self-imposed exile?  ;)

Of sorts.  ;) ;D

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »

I have set my PC to run a batch file on login that enables annex m and gives a snrm tweak in the HG612(newer blobs 035 and 038 only).   It tests for an internet connection with ping first and exits without change if internet is already available.  This is to stop a resync when it is not needed.   It is an edit of the snrm tweak file written by Snadge with support from Bald-Eagle.  If anyone is interested I will post it or pm it, but as my scripting skills are near zero I am sure the contents won't impress anyone! It does seem to work though. 

Apart from wanting to avoid accidental resyncs I would have just put the xdslcmd line into DSlstats to run on first startup.   If Eric could face adding an if "no internet connection" under "when to send" on "custom commands" that would be a much nicer option.  I am not sure that is worth considering  unless other uses for such an option can be envisaged. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

If Eric could face adding an if "no internet connection" under "when to send" on "custom commands" that would be a much nicer option.  I am not sure that is worth considering  unless other uses for such an option can be envisaged. 

It should be simple enough to add, and I can see that it might be useful in some other circumstances.
  Eric

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »

Way things are turning. I feel I am in the dog house for my curiosity and question. :-[ :-\

I'm sure your question was not a problem.  The IsRunningVB.exe is a little program that I came up with for BE's HG612 Stats program, it's simply used to see if a program is running and how many copies of said program is running. Roseway uses it to see if HG612_Stats.exe is running to avoid complications between the two programs. You'll often find parts of a package won't be updated, as there is often no need.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »

Thanks Eric -- I will look forwards to the possibility of it appearing in some later version.  If and when you get round to it I wonder whether it might be useful to have few colours for the tray icon and change them according the state of things. e.g.  no response from router red, no internet orange.  As it was easy and normally only run once a day I used ping to effectively detect the lack of sync but I guess you can just use the telnet data.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »

it might be useful to have few colours for the tray icon

That's a good idea. I'll add it to the list.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5