Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Connection stats changes since HG612 firmware update  (Read 21705 times)

boe323

Re: Connection stats changes since HG612 firmware update
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »

would this command be similar to no interleave if it disables inp?,  xdslcmd configure1 --Ginp 0x0 , that's a thought, is there a new command to force fastpath, like there is on on fritzbox?, maybe its possible now the dlm as been updated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:07:58 PM by boe323 »

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 10:38:07 PM »

would this command be similar to no interleave if it disables inp?,  xdslcmd configure1 --Ginp 0x0 , that's a thought, is there a new command to force fastpath, like there is on on fritzbox?, maybe its possible now the dlm as been updated.

That would be my guess, however I don't know for sure even if that's the case, or whether the DSLAM can override this if it is the case.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 11:39:02 PM »

now have another kitten 3 months old and don't get to much sleep these nights of all the kittens we had this one is mad and look forward to neuter day  :no:

Purrfect.  :D

. . .  somehow I am loosing 2000kbps inside my premises.

An excess of the new kitteh's frolics, perhaps?  :angel:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 12:32:12 AM »

now have another kitten 3 months old and don't get to much sleep these nights of all the kittens we had this one is mad and look forward to neuter day  :no:

Purrfect.  :D

. . .  somehow I am loosing 2000kbps inside my premises.

An excess of the new kitteh's frolics, perhaps?  :angel:

:tongue: i've checked around the master socket for any kitty mositure  :o and  :no: thank god.
I let him out for 30 minutes in the morning and afternoon but still he uses the litter tray and there is plenty of places to go in my garden  :doh:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:41:03 AM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »

Kind of getting fed up here as a retrain reason 1 came in again a 5:am this morning and increased the Interleaving again from 561 to 1193 all in less than 13 hours, this definitely has something to do with these BandPlan changes  >:( >:( >:(

Thats 3 Interleaving changes in two weeks, now have to wait another 14 days  :'(
all very confusing indeed.

boe323

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »

I would now leave your connection alone, don't turn off or resync, I suspect it resynced earlier because of request sent during the day. I could be wrong, if you where playing with settings etc and the modem didn't resync then it will resync during those hours, but what do I know, im a noob, I recon though if you leave it be now, it will get better.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:47:30 PM by boe323 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »

I would now leave your connection alone, don't turn off or resync, I suspect it resynced earlier because of request sent during the day. I could be wrong, if you where playing with settings etc and the modem didn't resync then it will resync during those hours, but what do I know, im a noob, I recon though if you leave it be now, it will get better.

99% of the time I leave the modem to do its own thing maybe should have left it alone last night but kind of new the out come as errors ranked up during the evening and that's was before unplugging the modem, its nothing major no massive loss of speed, it's just not staying consistant since the 12th of october (UPDATE DAY)

Korben_dallas

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »

I also got a resync this morning at 0512 according to the HG612 stats program, but I haven't touched the modem in over 2 months. So now retrain reason code 1.

Only thing that has changed is the addition of a Samknows Whitebox.

One thing I have noticed is the max attainable has dropped closer to my sync speed.

Attached a couple of charts, before the BT update and after and the latest resync.

boe323

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »

Hmmm, def everyones loosing actual attainable rate for up and down after the update

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »

the bitloading adapts to available snr kitz.

Yes agreed - I knows that :D.

Sorry if I didnt explain it well what I meant about about the tx power. 
One of the parameters that can occur during the bitswap process is the gain in power, in all of the tones can be redistributed slightly to try and increase the overall SNR.  This gives a tad more overhead for the other tones to be able to load an extra bit(s) which it may not have been able to do during the original sync process.  This is why during a fresh sync your power may be at 18dBm, but after a while it may show as say 19 or 20dBm.  Im not quite sure how else to phrase what I meant. :/

The bitwapping process can adjust bits and power. These 2 aspects are called bit-swap and gain-swap.

>> in my adsl days generally my modem would mark the tone unuseable once bitloading hit 0, if I ever seen a used tone hit 0 it became unused until a fresh sync event.

If the SNRm does get so low that 0 bits are loaded, yes the router can then mark that tone as unused. 
That tone wont become available again until a fresh resync and the SNRm will be reported as 0dB as you say. 
However, some routers do still continue to show the 'real' SNR even if its too low too load any bits. 
I don't know if the HG612 is one of them or not.  BE gave his SNR (not SNRm) figures.

>> I dont know if vdsl is still the same but on adsl 3db of snr was required per bitloading on a tone, adsl1 had a min bitloading of 2 so 6db of snr was required to make it useable, with 45db of snr needed for a 15 bitloading on the tone,

Agreed again. DMT technology is still the same behind it.   adsl1 used a less efficient coding algorithm for error correction overheads, which is why it needed the extra bit loaded & 6dB minimum. 
iirc its something to do with the less error correction overhead that allows the 1 bit min loading.

TBH I think we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. :)
GB gave another very valid reason why a line could show the messy zero bits like what we see at the end of BE's range and Im not disagreeing with what he says. 

All I was trying to say is that I have a strong feeling that on BE's line it was more to do with how the channel analysis had deemed his line during the sync up process, rather than after a period of bit loading.. purely for the fact it was still there after a fresh resync.

BE said "I forced a modem resync today, just in case a fresh connection changed anything, but it didn't."    <<---- That is why I suspected channel analysis.  If it was due to bitswapping, then I'd expect those tones to show at least some SNR after a fresh boot. 

Obviously bear in mind the target snrm had to be factored in also, so if a 6db target noise margin was set then on adsl1 12db of snr was needed to make a tone useable and 9db on adsl2.

oops got me..  I simplified things in my example by using 6dB. 
Although I am fully aware there's a floor level which is loosely based around the target snrm, what I did forget to include was the fact that it needs another 3dB to load one bit (even though I know this).  It was supposed to be a very quick example showing what happens during chan analysis -  I did say it was a quick example using made up figures.  In reality, its actually far more complex than Sync speed = (Tones_in_use * (SNR - Target SNRm) / 3dB)) because the router also has to allow somewhere for interleaving and error correction (BER rate) when it calculates the sync speed.  There is an algorithm out there somewhere involving QAM, but my eyes just glaze over when I look at it.  ???

My example would be about right for a very rough example for adsl2+ & VDSL....  but because BToR sets a min 6dB* of SNRm then my example should have said 9.1 for the pass & 8.9 for fail when it comes to BE's connection :blush:   
* or whatever the target SNRM is set at.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »

FWIW, my VDSL2 connection has been in sync for around 3.5 days.

It does appear that on VDSL2 connections tones deemed to be unuseable when SNR is very low/non-existent can be brought back into play as conditions improve (without needing to wait for a resync).

See the attached examples from last night (22:00) this afternoon (14:00) & tonight (22:00).

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »

FWIW, my VDSL2 connection has been in sync for around 3.5 days.

It does appear that on VDSL2 connections tones deemed to be unuseable when SNR is very low/non-existent can be brought back into play as conditions improve (without needing to wait for a resync).

See the attached examples from last night (22:00) this afternoon (14:00) & tonight (22:00).

yeap also seeing the D2 tones fragment (a visual term for unused and used data) when DS SNR go's below 6db and those tones look'd very steady during my 15 months on FTTC until the 12 of october, I can not emphasise this enough to the Big Brains here the update has made changes here you can dismiss it with openreach technical jargon till the cows come home, but I am telling you the update is not working for me ok !
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:58:41 PM by NewtronStar »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:47 PM »

If anything, it seems to have made a very slight improvement on my 1000m or so long connection.

Pre-update montage attached.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:59:23 AM by Bald_Eagle1 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »

. . .  on my 100m or so long connection.

<Cough> (Yet another fur-ball). And not forgetting the other 900 metres of your D-side?  :P
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

If anything, it seems to have made a very slight improvement on my 100m or so long connection.

Pre-update montage attached.

I would have thought your "100m" connection would be able to use the D3 band and give you a higher sync than what you have.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5