Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DSLstats v4.1 released  (Read 11144 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v4.1 released
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »

I'm trying to remember, but I can't find any notes from my testing. I do remember that one DSLstats user found that DSLstats persistently crashed with this router, and I acquired one to try to diagnose the problem. As I couldn't reproduce it myself I never found the cause of his problem. It may be that this was the only issue with the DGN2200, but its general performance wasn't very good on my connection, so I stopped using it.

Apologies for the vagueness. I put it down to my age.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »

no problems - but the features such as SNR, Bit-Loading, QLN and SNRM Adjusting worked?
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »

no problems - but the features such as SNR, Bit-Loading, QLN and SNRM Adjusting worked?

SNRM and bitloading certainly, but I'm not sure about the other items.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »

SNRM and bitloading certainly, but I'm not sure about the other items.

do all versions of DGN2200 have this issue? I believe there are three...the one in question is a v1
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

I'm afraid I have no idea. The person who reported the problem was using a v3, and the one I obtained was also a v3.
  Eric

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 12:46:22 PM »

Many thanks for the continuous development of DSLstats.

Sadly the new VDSL2 band plan detection seems not to work properly on my connection. QLN, Hlog and Bitloading graphs are affected.
I've attached screenshots from v4.02 and v4.1 as well as the the pbParams data. Maybe you can find the cause of this issue.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 12:58:57 PM »

You're quite right. In fixing one issue concerning band plan detection I exposed another. I've fixed it properly now (hopefully) and I'll soon be uploading the next version.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »

I started 4.1 running whilst 4.01 was still running and was pleasantly surprised to find all of the 4.01 configuration was in place and correct in 4.1.  The config also seems fine when it is started on its own  :)  Have I missed something - I was used to setting it up each time I used a new version

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »

I started 4.1 running whilst 4.01 was still running and was pleasantly surprised to find all of the 4.01 configuration was in place and correct in 4.1.  The config also seems fine when it is started on its own  :)  Have I missed something - I was used to setting it up each time I used a new version

From v4.0 onwards the configuration files are saved by default in the correct location as advised by the OS, instead of the same directory as the other DSLstats files. If you look at the event log you'll see that the first line informs you of the path where the files are saved. For Windows users this is now an option in the Misc section, where you can choose between two locations for the config files.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]