Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VDSL connection via two NTE5 sockets  (Read 3254 times)

rbel

VDSL connection via two NTE5 sockets
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »

Hope this is the right forum - not sure whether it should be here or with the fibre questions.

I have had a new BT line installed today, terminated in a BTOR NTE5 with I-plate.
This is now connected via the I-plate terminals 2 (blue/white) and 5 (white/blue) and a length of CAT5E to another NTE5 fitted with a supplied I-plate.  The wires are connected to this socket at the main incoming A (white/blue) and B (Blue/white) terminals on the back of the socket. An RJ11/RJ11 cable then connects from the I-plate to the hg612 modem.  The problem is that while the phone connection to the second NTE5 is fine, the VDSL is not reaching the modem.

I assume that I have made a basic error but I can't think where at the moment.  Grateful for any advice.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: VDSL connection via two NTE5 sockets
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »

Could it be that the faceplate on the master socket is actually a filtered faceplate, not an i-plate? Does it have two sockets on the front?
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »

Also photographs, if possible, would enable us to see what you see.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

rbel

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »

This what I have set up as an 'extension' to the BTOR NTE5, https://www.clarity.it/vdsl_nte5_adaptor_faceplate.htm
One end of the RJ11/RJ11 cable is plugged into the port on the face of the I-plate, the other end into the modem.  the I-plate has the one vdsl socket and the phone plugs into the usual lower front detachable faceplate.

BTOR installed a new NTE5 today and connected it via my CAT5E blue and white pair from the equivalent of the two terminals shown in the 3rd image (highlighted by large arrow) to the A and B incoming terminals on the back of the Clarity NTE5.

rbel

Re: VDSL connection via two NTE5 sockets - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »

SOLVED

Moved HG612 to BT NTE5, replaced second NTE5 with modular RJ45 and BT slave sockets and linked them to the NTE5 using the CAT5E with ethernet pin out for T568B.

Would have preferred to use the CAT5E to run from the BT NTE5 to the HG612 and will try to think of a viable solution, but the current workaround will do for now.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »

Thank you for letting us know :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything