Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: HG612 Stats Editor updates  (Read 59472 times)

Ronski

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 Stats Editor updates
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »

It would be the last line and the blank line, the blank line appears to be the corrupted one.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »

Does your editor check to see if HG612_stats.exe has completed before grabbing the stats?

If not, I wonder if it could occasionally be reading modem_stats.log just at the same time that HG612_stats.exe attempts to write to it.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2013, 10:27:03 PM »

It watches for the file to be modified, once it has it then reads the files, the watching part is handled by the OS,  so I'm not sure of the specifics. As far as I'm aware your software only writes to the modem log once per minute,  so they can't clash.

I run the GUI 24/7 on my server, I also run it at work,  and have never had this problem, nor am I aware of anyone else which suggests it's something specific to Korbens setup.

Edit: I've just checked the actual program and the watcher fires an event which runs the code to read the file when the modem log has been written to. See here for more info.

So my code is triggered when the modem log is written to, it will first read the modem log, then the xlogfile, and takes mere fractions of a second to complete the reads of both files.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:44:57 PM by Ronski »

Korben_dallas

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2013, 10:53:15 AM »

Hi,

It seemed everything ran ok for about an error then it fell over again.  So I have renamed the modem log and this time perfromed a full reboot of the system something which I didnt do before, just in case there was a process left over somewhere. 

Will monitor it and see whah happens this time.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »

I added some more functionality to the graph viewer.

I've added an option to filter the graphs by time created.

Also an option which locks the graph type, when the check box is checked the viewable graphs will be updated to only include the graph type currently selected, based on the duration and time selected. This allows you to step through or play a slide show of a particular graph type.

Also when opening the graphs the folder names are checked for any old format names, and if any exist the option to rename them automatically is given.

Code: [Select]
1.1.5108.37673 26-12-2013

Minor bug fix to restore from tray - now when restored from tray the window is now the active window.
When viewing graphs, ongoing folding names are checked for old name formats and can automatically be renamed.
Added time filter option to graph display window - allows to filter by time created.
Added 'Lock the graph type' check box. This will lock the graph type, and will now list all the graphs of the selected type at the time and duration selected.

Latest version can be download from here or via checking for updates if you have a recent version.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:12:49 AM by Ronski »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »

Another update:

1.1.5114.30729 01-01-2014

Added viewing current stats to graphs tab
Various other minor changes
Check at startup to see if more than one version is running.

Latest version can be download from here or via checking for updates if you have a recent version.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »

Happy New year Ronski

Your graph viewer is an excellent addition to the GUI it makes it so much easier when comparing old & new graphs well worth a donation in my books.

Keep up the great work  :thumbs:

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2014, 04:52:19 PM »

NewtronStar, thanks very much for the donation and the kind words, much appreciated  :thumbs:

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2014, 11:56:09 PM »

Minor update.

1.1.5123.42731 10-01-2014

Minor bug fix which caused error when a single line modem log file was read.
Duration list in graph viewer now sorted in time order.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »

Cheers ronski.

Ive also edited the first post a bit too :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »

Thanks Kitz.

I've come into work this morning and updated my version at work, I seem to have introduced some sort of bug when reading the modem log files, so have temporarily suspended downloads of the updated version.

If anybody did update overnight are you have problems?

It works fine at home on both my W7 machine and my server, but here at work also on W7 I get an error every time it reads the modem log it loses the date, but strangely other stats display correctly.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

Well I can't find any possible cause for the behaviour I experienced on my works PC, it's been running fine on my server all day, I'm putting it down to MS weirdness  ???

I did find one other bug which would of affected a single line modem log, so correct that.

Updates now available again.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2014, 11:55:16 PM »

it updated fine as always  :)
I am not even sure what a single line modem log file is but I probably should, all I can think of is your using the one modem on a server which sends the stats data to all computers connected to that server (networking GUI stats)  :-\

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2014, 12:22:26 AM »

a couple of issues one which is now a non issue tho.

The now non issue is yesterday the app detected an update but couldnt find the file when trying to download it, a 404 error, but you have now fixed this as just now it updated fine.

The other issue is the minute scheduled task.  This one is a weird one.  Basically every so often (its not consistent) the app I am using loses focus, when it does happen, its always the same time the task runs.  So 'sometimes' the task is taking focus.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »

I am not even sure what a single line modem log file is....

It's a brand new log file, and the first minute will only contain one line, just me not wording things very well. Due to a bug in my software it was causing an error for anybody who started a new modem log file, but only when it contained a single line.

a couple of issues one which is now a non issue tho.

The now non issue is yesterday the app detected an update but couldnt find the file when trying to download it, a 404 error, but you have now fixed this as just now it updated fine.

As I had problems at work with the new update I just renamed the update file on my server to temporarily disable updates.

The other issue is the minute scheduled task.  This one is a weird one.  Basically every so often (its not consistent) the app I am using loses focus, when it does happen, its always the same time the task runs.  So 'sometimes' the task is taking focus.

Is it the task/stats logging or the GUI? Does it happen when the GUI is completely closed, minimised to system tray or open?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14