Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: HG612 Stats Editor updates  (Read 59452 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: HG612 Stats Editor updates
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »

can you add an option to make the temp balloon errors optional?  I think if I had an error I would want to know about it I might be afk when the balloon pops up and dissapears.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 09:01:40 AM »

can you add an option to make the temp balloon errors optional?  I think if I had an error I would want to know about it I might be afk when the balloon pops up and dissapears.

It is done, option on the GUI settings tab, latest version (also in the first post)

Just so everyone is aware, the tray icon balloon tip will always show the last error, until a successful modem log file read.

Edit. If you always want the icon to show in the system tray, then click the little spanner in the balloon title and change the behaviour to Show icon and notifications. Only applies to Vista onwards.

And if anybody would like a little more info in the balloon tip, then let me know what you would like.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:20:10 AM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »

Thanks ronski, latest version installed and working fine here.
I like the new layout - its much nicer with the buttons on the side and makes the tabs much clearer.  :clap2:

Something I have noticed though (& I dont know if its me doing something wrong), but I cant get it to save the TBB graph url.  I have to put it in again each time I load your editor.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

Thanks Kitz, glad you like the new layout, and it wasn't you do anything wrong, some idiot had managed to delete the line of code that writes the URL to the ini file  :blush:

All fixed now.

Gave me an excuse to have a break from the tiling, not the the Mrs would agree  :lol:

Edit: Does the tray notification icon work OK for you?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »

Thanks ronski :)

>>  Does the tray notification icon work OK for you?

It seems to - although I did notice when I first installed it it was a bit hard to hit the exit and I often got restore come up.

After a few hours use, I have found that I often cause the balloon to come up when I dont want it to - for example if Im going to check mail whose icon is right next to it.  Not sure if I like that it stays there even after I move my mouse away.. particularly so if ive 'hovered' over that icon by mistake when meaning to go for my mail.

Perhaps a user preference to set how many seconds the balloon stays on screen if the mouse is no longer over the icon?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »

I must be doing something wrong here.

I installed the latest version of the stats editor in the same folder as the original version. However the information on the stats tab never seems to be updated.

What am I doing wrong?

BBN

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »

@Kitz I've enabled a time to be set, but overall I'm not very happy with the balloon notification. It's behaviour seems erratic, sometimes it doesn't show at all on both my systems. I'll need to have a rethink on this.

Latest version

I must be doing something wrong here.

I installed the latest version of the stats editor in the same folder as the original version. However the information on the stats tab never seems to be updated.

What am I doing wrong?

BBN

Is the task set up and running, and recording stats to the modem log?

Do you get any notification messages about problems reading the modem log or X Log file?

My program monitors the modem log, and when it's updated will then update the stats in the GUI.

Check that the folders on the settings tab are correct, and that the modem_stats.log is in the ongoing_stats folder and is being updated every minute.

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2013, 08:27:34 PM »

Hi Ronski,

Something seriously weird has happened.

No modem data has been written to the log since the new editor was installed. The new editor reports that the Windows task is running and that snapshots etc are enabled (ie all green), but no data is actually being to the log. Error logs do not report any problems. Folder paths check out. Stop/started the task via the editor several times and got all the greens, but no data is ever written to the log. 

Replaced with old editor. Stopped/restarted task via the editor and stats logging recommenced as normal.

There is something awry here but I haven't got time this evening to investigate any further. Will look at it again tomorrow afternoon and try and diagnose what is actually happening.  In the meantime I'll leave the old editor in place.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »

That is very strange indeed, stats logging running fine my end, with stats updating.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »

After a few hours use, I have found that I often cause the balloon to come up when I dont want it to - for example if Im going to check mail whose icon is right next to it.  Not sure if I like that it stays there even after I move my mouse away.. particularly so if ive 'hovered' over that icon by mistake when meaning to go for my mail.

I've been using it today at work, and the balloon does tend to pop up even when passing the mouse over the icon, so I've thought of a solution, I need to allow a slight period of time to pass before displaying the balloon, perhaps 1/2 a second, and if the mouse is still there then display the balloon notification.

I may still design my own notification, as I will then have better control over it. But the above should be a quick fix, to stop it showing every time you move over the icon.

Oh, and to show the exit menu, it's a right click, left click will minimize/restore the GUI.

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

That is very strange indeed, stats logging running fine my end, with stats updating.

I think I've located the potential cause of the problem - data harvesting appears to have stalled in certain circumstances. The cause I have been unable to diagnose, but the new version of the editor doesn't seem to be the guilty party.

Regards BBN 

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully you can pin point the cause.

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »

One thing I forgot to request is - would it be possible to add an ABOUT indicating the version number of the program? It would make version control easier for simpletons like me when (as now) there are various versions of stats programs doing the rounds like at the moment due to the BT firmware kerfuffles.

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »

That means simpletons like me have to work it out  ::) There has always been a Help & About page, with the version number at the bottom, BUT I always forget to update it  :no:

So I have done a little Googling and finally worked out how to get it to auto update, or at least the third and fourth number. They end up big numbers, so I may well add some code to workout a build date/time to make it easier.  The 3rd number is the number of days since the year 2000, and the 4th number is the number of seconds since midnight (divided by 2). This is long over due, so thanks for prompting me to look into it again.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

ronski my version I got of this thread is out of date :(

you already got newer unreleased version?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14