Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: HG612 Stats Editor updates  (Read 59458 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: HG612 Stats Editor updates
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »

Looking nice ronski.

Im not too fussed about the tbb meter either, but you dont have to use it so thats fine by me.  I can guess people such as gamers though will like the fact that everything is integrated.

Im looking forward to being able to load stat graphs...  the breakdown of the 3 different SNRm bands is certainly something I would find useful.  Its surprising that (on my line) SNRm as a total figure may look quite steady, yet in the past ive seen them swapping all over the place.  It kinda looks like if theres lots of bit loading going on and SNRm in one band drops, the system can up the ante- in another band to attempt to bring the overall back to target.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2013, 12:01:28 AM »

Looking nice ronski.

Im not too fussed about the tbb meter either, but you dont have to use it so thats fine by me.  I can guess people such as gamers though will like the fact that everything is integrated.

Im looking forward to being able to load stat graphs...  the breakdown of the 3 different SNRm bands is certainly something I would find useful.  Its surprising that (on my line) SNRm as a total figure may look quite steady, yet in the past ive seen them swapping all over the place.  It kinda looks like if theres lots of bit loading going on and SNRm in one band drops, the system can up the ante- in another band to attempt to bring the overall back to target.

No worrys Ronski if TBB Ping Graph is optional then it works for me.

and Kitz I'll trade my Bit swaps for your impressive sync any day  8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:05:36 AM by NewtronStar »

DeadMan

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2013, 12:24:36 PM »

Everything is working as it should now. Thanks guys. :)

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »

Glad to hear it, look out for my next update to the graphic user interface. Which hopefully if the day goes to plan should be tonight.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »

I've attached the latest version to this post, as I seem to have lost the ability to edit the first post.
Edit: There is a link in the first post now, which should link to the latest version. Tonight's update.

No doubt you'll let me know if there are any bugs  ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:53:15 PM by Ronski »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »

sorry cant find bug in this one.

looks good.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »

can't find any bugs and thinking back to when we had the modems GUI how many clicks it took to access it's stats -> open up the default web page, type in 192.168.1.1 in the URL and then type ADMIN + ADMIN select two other option before you see you stats  :P

and now with your New settings editor it's double click on the icon and your there  :drink:
EDIT: and who is gonna place a bet here my Interleaving go's down this sunday  :-\

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:39:41 AM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »

Anyone tried the ping graph feature yet?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2013, 11:04:09 PM »

Anyone tried the ping graph feature yet?

No ! not that interested in signing up/registering on ThinkBroadBand to use the Ping Graphs  ;)
I get most of what I need to know on the KITZ forum  ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:13:55 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »

Good job ronski - looks very nice :)

>> Anyone tried the ping graph feature yet?

Im personally not bothered about it, but for the sake of testing purposes I added one, and it seems to integrate perfectly & does make up a nice suite of monitoring all in one place :)

---
Couple of points.

1)  If I go into the Settings tab, on each of the sub settings pages ie/Dir path/Modem settings/snapshot settings/additional settings I get an odd "Label 8" that overlays on each of those pages in the same place

2) Version number could perhaps do with being updated on the"Help and about page" it still says "HG612 Settings Editor Version 1.0.0.0 " . 
Same when you hover over the .exe file.  I think that the differences in this version are great enough to warrant it being a v2 :)

---
ETA  oops forgot to attach the screenies
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:01:09 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2013, 03:46:47 PM »

Thanks for the feedback kitz, funnily enough I spotted that rouge label this morning to.

Good job ronski - looks very nice :)

>> Anyone tried the ping graph feature yet?

Im personally not bothered about it, but for the sake of testing purposes I added one, and it seems to integrate perfectly & does make up a nice suite of monitoring all in one place :)

That's exactly why I added the ping graph, I use it all the time to see if anything has occurred on my connection.

I was thinking along the same lines, calling it V2, I can never remember where to change the version number, it's a bit hidden but I will change it prior to final release of v2.

I'm going to re-arrange the large buttons, and move the save button to the settings tab. There is currently a small bug if you change  any settings then hit save, you'll get a message reminding you to save even  though you clicked the button, and you then need to click it again to save the settings.

I still need to add graph viewing in date / time order for each type of graph. Also the ability to graph a particular period, rather than the last X days/hours.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:51:04 PM by Ronski »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »

:)

Can I ask a question ronski.   Normally I close down HG612 settings editor when Ive made any changes. 
The fact that it now has more features (and a few more to come) may mean that users are more likely to leave it running.
In which case a minimise to systray may be useful please. 
The reason I close it fully atm is because I always seem to have enough open programs clogging up my taskbar as it is. :D

-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

Hi Kitz, that's already planned (forgot to mention that earlier) as well  ;D Might well add some basic stats if you hover over the tray icon to.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »

Cheers :)
-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »

:)

Can I ask a question ronski.   Normally I close down HG612 settings editor when Ive made any changes. 
The fact that it now has more features (and a few more to come) may mean that users are more likely to leave it running.
In which case a minimise to systray may be useful please. 
The reason I close it fully atm is because I always seem to have enough open programs clogging up my taskbar as it is. :D

New version available with minimize to tray  ;D

This version has also changed name, and I've altered the layout a bit, hopefully for the better.

There is a GUI Settings tab on the main settings tab, this has an option to enable minimize to tray on exit. The tray icon has a right click menu for exit, just click the icon to maximise.

Also I've changed the error messages when reading either of the log files so they only show briefly in the tray as a balloon tip.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:20:48 PM by Ronski »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14