Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: HG612 Stats Editor updates  (Read 59459 times)

Ronski

• Kitizen
HG612 Stats Editor updates
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »

I've been updating the HG612 Stats Editor, which is a GUI for Bald_Eagle1 HG612 stats logging program.

I've done some behind the scenes updates which were requested by BE, which affect task creation on Vista upwards. The task is now created to run at X seconds taking into account the delay for on going data logging. Also the task priority is now set to normal, instead of the default 'below normal'. Both these should improve reliability in certain scenarios.

I have also added a stats tab, as can be seen in the attached screenshots. I will add multiple tabs to the stats tab like the settings tab. This reads the modem log and displays stats from the last line in the log, and will update whenever the modem log is updated.

What I would like to know is what information people would find useful, and perhaps which tabs (tab name) to put it on. I will also add the ability to graph particular periods, rather than the current last x days/hours/minutes.

I'm not sure how long this will take, my spare time is short, and I often have to resort to Google to work out how to do things.

I shall release an update when BE's fixed the current logging problems caused by BTs recent firmware update. Although I can't guarantee what will make it into the update.

--------------------
Edited to add

Latest version can be download from here

Minor update.

Code: [Select]
1.1.5123.42731 10-01-2014

Minor bug fix which caused error when a single line modem log file was read.
Duration list in graph viewer now sorted in time order.

Latest version can be download from here or via checking for updates if you have a recent version.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:08:18 AM by kitz »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: HG612 Stats Editor updates
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:27:48 AM »

Looking good, looking forward to seeing the update when its ready :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »

Thanks Kitz, but what info would you find useful to see on the stats tab, or indeed separate tabs on the stats tab?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »

ahh I see what you have done, you added a stats tab so people can view stats in a GUI with the loss of the web page, very nice.

Can you add FEC/CRC/HEC stats to that stats page?

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »

Yes I  can add them.

I've also come up with an idea to view the graphs,  where you will be able to select the type of graph and then move through them in date/time order. Which will make it very easy to view daily changes.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:30:31 AM »

Thanks Kitz, but what info would you find useful to see on the stats tab, or indeed separate tabs on the stats tab?

TBH Im not sure, since I use DSLstats to get my 'real time' info and HG612 modem stats for graphing.  They both have their uses and work well together.

I would think though that if you were doing a stats page then Errors is the obvious one.

Splitting the SNRm between bands for me would have been useful when I had my line fault, as it would have been nice to be able to see that 'live' rather than just the combined SNRm.

>>>  where you will be able to select the type of graph and then move through them in date/time order. Which will make it very easy to view daily changes.

I like that idea :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:04 PM »

If anybody would like to give the latest editor/viewer a test drive they can, zip file attached, just save it over your current version - backup your current one though, in case of any problems.

I've disabled the modifications to the task creation code, as BE hasn't updated his programs yet to take these into account.

Any feed back will be gratefully received, and of course if anybody spots any errors then please let me know.

Just to clarify, the editor does not access the modem, all information is read from the modem log file and xlog file, when changes are detected.

Screen shots and zip file attached.

The latest editor will always be attached to the first post in this thread.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:22:52 PM by Ronski »

Korben_dallas

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 10:42:59 AM »

Hi Ronski,

It's looking good  :), so far no issue, currently running it on Win 8 (64).

Cheers

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 10:49:42 AM »

Hi Ronski,

It's looking good  :), so far no issue, currently running it on Win 8 (64).

Cheers

Great stuff, thanks for the feedback. Do you have a scheduled task running on Windows 8 for stats logging? If so is it reliable, as we used to have problems.

Korben_dallas

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »

Hi Ronski,

The scheduled task that was fine in Windows 8 also seems to be fine in Windows 8.1.  I have attached a copy of the task, the only difference with this and the normal task is that I use a Service Account (Password doesnt change) to run it under as opposed to my own account.

Cheers

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

Thanks for posting that, looks identical to W7. Perhaps MS have fixed the bug in Task Scheduler. I do have a laptop with W8 on it, and of last night it now has W8.1 so I'll create a task on there and see how it goes.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »

Thanks ronski.
Ive downloaded and replaced my old version, but I keep getting the following error (see screen cap)

Im running win7 Pro (64 bit).  The error message will occur & stack up every minute that I have HG612 Editor open.
Ive checked that I have a xlogfile.txt in ongoing stats and that all the paths are correct.
-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 02:41:37 PM »

Could you post a copy of the xlog file that it does it on please so I can take a look, and test it at my end, thanks.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

Sure :)
-----

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »

Thanks Kitz, it seems that your'e still on the old firmware, and your xlog is laid out slightly differently to mine, and when viewed in Notepad++ there are a lot more blank lines.

I'll need to revise the way I'm scraping the information out of the xlog file. I've got a better idea of how to do it, now, thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14