Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Stroking Could Stress Out Your Cat ! ?  (Read 2034 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Stroking Could Stress Out Your Cat ! ?
« on: October 10, 2013, 12:37:04 AM »

Any comments from our cat owners about this report please.
I've just seen a news item about this and found this below.

http://lifesciences.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk/2013/10/08/stroking-could-stress-out-your-cat/
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
Re: Stroking Could Stress Out Your Cat ! ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »

Utter bl**dy cob***rs  :lol:. if you will excuse my French.  Written by a bunch of very clever people who have never had cats.

Our cat comes and asks for a stroke, when she has had enough she gives you a good slap.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »

Utter bl**dy cob***rs  :lol:. if you will excuse my French.  Written by a bunch of very clever people who have never had cats.

heh..  that perhaps sums it up.

That report seems very generalised and possibly just looking at the neutral aspect.   Any one who has owned more than a couple of cats will know that they all have different personalities and traits. Nor does it appear to take into account breed or type nor background.
I can also imagine some cats perhaps live in households where younger children may accidentally be too rough and this may well be stressful for them.

Ive had lots of cats over the years and never have had one that hasnt enjoyed human contact and all actively sought being petted and fussed.
A relative though had a wee black cat and she hated being petted by strangers.  If you ignored her warnings then you would end up being scratched.

Other parts are clap-trap that Im not even going to waste my time with examples to contradict.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58:40 PM »

Agree with all the above.

The clue to this all being a collection of spherical objects lies in the first paragraph -

...reluctantly allow their owners to stroke them...

Er, when did any cat 'reluctantly allow' anything?   ::)   :lol:
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »

Utter bl**dy cob***rs  :lol:. if you will excuse my French         

feliscatusx2      That's  definitely not French      :lol:    .....   agree with the sentiments quand même  ;)
It's today that matters !

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »

You know something dawned on me this morning in that they seem to have missed out one very important factor. No where in that report does it mention the cat purr.   

This was the situation in the kitz household this morning.

Zoe constantly head butting me.  Zoe will not be ignored.  Zoe wants a fuss.
kitz picks up Zoe and strokes her.  Zoe purrs.  Kitz stops what she was doing to fuss Zoe.  Zoe purrs even louder.

After a couple of mins I put her back down and she follows me wrapping herself around my legs weaving back and forwards threatening to trip me up as I go from room to room.  She meows & 'talks' at me demanding more attention.  I pick her up, sling her on my shoulder and carry her to the rug in the lounge where I sit down down with her.  I stroke and fuss and pet her.  Zoe purrs practically to the point of drooling.   

Ziggy comes sauntering across wanting in on the action too.  Both of kitz hands are now stroking cats.  Both cats are purring loudly.  Ziggy holds his chin high wanting under-chin and chest tickles.  Zoe rolls over on her back wanting belly rubs.  Both cats are thoroughly into being petted and at times even turn at each other and lick and groom the other.  This continued for a good 10 mins and it was me who broke off contact first because I had things to do.

NOW try telling me that cats find stoking stressful  ;D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker