Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can no longer access hacked HG612 via web interface, HG612 stats failed to also.  (Read 25965 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

whats the url for ACS(tro69) mines blank so cant enable it. Im sure it wasn't enabled when I got the update, I reflashed the modded unlocked firmware with new driver after the update because I hard reset and lost telnet.

So what your saying is Don't do a full reset on Modem when you get the firmware update or you will lose all telnet funtionality ?

boe323

Yep, you will if you hard reset, pulling the power is ok, I pressed reset for 5+ seconds, modem went off, come back on, lost all access. Bts configuration as become the default, with the unlocked firmware, the firewall is set to standard after a hard reset.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:34:20 PM by boe323 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Yep, you will if you hard reset, pulling the power is ok, I pressed reset for 5+ seconds, modem went off, come back on, lost all access. Bts configuration as become the default, with the unlocked firmware, the firewall is set to standard after a hard reset.

that's good to know and thought about that last night as to why some are losing their telnet and others are not, I have only turned if off via power and have full Telnet access.

boe323

Well, finally got updated after flashing old firmware back, when I got updated before, i lost no end of speed, upload and download, ping went up, just like now. If I was to flash the old firmware again, I can guarantee my attainable rate and sync rate will go back to how it was.I guess my lines not short enough for this new firmware/dslam upgrade. So who knows how to setup/disable the firewall through telnet?, I guess you cant do that from telnet right?, theres no commands in the help list.EDIT: wow, my error seconds are through the damn roof, its def bad for me, looks like ill be flashing the old back again and this time blocking the update. Line attenuation for download is being reported but not upload.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:16:46 AM by boe323 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

wow, my error seconds are through the damn roof, its def bad for me, looks like ill be flashing the old back again and this time blocking the update. Line attenuation for download is being reported but not upload.

No worrys boe323 do what you think is best for you ! TBH i think most of us were taken by surprise by this update, in my opinion those lines who have had the updates it needs time to settle down over weeks before you or I can make a judement on how it's effecting our Broadband experience only time will tell  :(

boe323

My final bandplan is lower than the initial bandplan, do you think that's why im syncing lower?
Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2782)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3970)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2506)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3938)

ryant704

• Reg Member

Mine has done the same though speed has remained the same as I'm banded... I doubt it's the reason because of the lower speed.

boe323

Ill give a week while I wait for network adaptor from scan.co.uk, as my embedded piece of crap bigfoot nic wont communicate with the firmware update page. Just a thought, as anyone triee setting there ip to 192.168.1.100 and trying the webui?, I suppose they have right?.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Ill give a week while I wait for network adaptor from scan.co.uk, as my embedded piece of crap bigfoot nic wont communicate with the firmware update page. Just a thought, as anyone triee setting there ip to 192.168.1.100 and trying the webui?, I suppose they have right?.

Sounds like Bigfoot Nic needs a new driver or re-install the driver you used before

boe323

I had to use a laptop originally, used my mothers pc the other day, never been able to use my nic, its designed to bypass the stack, I suspect that's the reason.

boe323

Im interested in pulling the chip and getting a dump, can someone point me to the hardware and software needed please, I guess if I dump image then someone will have a play?.

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member

Im interested in pulling the chip and getting a dump, can someone point me to the hardware and software needed please, I guess if I dump image then someone will have a play?.

The most charitable explanation is that the idiot who posted that 'suggestion' in the TBB forums was taking the pee. Sadly, that may not be the case and he genuinely believes it.

Back in the real world, pulling the chip is the very last resort when you really have no other alternative.

Fortunately in this case we have both the serial console and the jtag port.

I lost access to my spare modem Friday morning, so hopefully that's been updated. Now I'm just waiting for my usb ttl serial interface to arrive. A UK supplier, the previous one ordered from Shenzhen went astray somewhere. That should arrive in the next couple of days, so with a bit of luck I should have some news by the end of the week. Fingers crossed of course.

In the meantime, I flashed the openreach supplied modem with the new firmware sans BTAgent etc. That's now on test and looking pretty good so far.

Yes... I know... I did say I was going to keep that one untouched in case of problems but I've only been able to get my hands on one spare. There seems to have been quite a run on HG612s on a certain 'online market' recently  :-\

boe323

Fantastic, deep down I was wondering why the chip needed to be pulled, I seen the same thing posted elsewhere also, got me to believe it was the only way :paperbag:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]