Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Can no longer access hacked HG612 via web interface, HG612 stats failed to also.  (Read 25974 times)

ryant704

• Reg Member

yeah, I held the reset button to long. :-[ . My error rate at the moment is nearly non existant, theres really no need to have the new firmware, the old works fantastic with the updated dslam, I would usually get around 10/15 crcs in 15mins, Ive had 1 in 45mins. ;D How do you tell what dslam your on?, I thought I wasn't on eci because of not having the eci modem.

Mine is currently drawing weird shapes! Got to love some RFI! :)

boe323

Damn it, me and my big mouth.  :'( , still better than it was though, just had a 10 crc spike.

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member

I've just switched to the newer blob (A2pv6C035m) following a line fault and my error rates are much lower than before, but there's no way of telling how much of that is down to the repair.

The contractors who put the new pole in damaged the insulation when they moved the line and it had just corroded through. The high winds recently caused enough movement to break it completely. He did say he was surprised I could get any sort of connection as it was in a hell of a state.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

ok this is all a bit messy but interesting.

So BT are rolling out firmware updates for both modems and dslams.

The band plan is changing and from what I see D1 has been extended to use more lower tones, greybeard got an extra 7mbit sync out of it, I call that significant.

The new firmware version is no longer fully locked, openreach now allow telnet access.

Sounds right so far?

So questions I guess.

If a dslam gets upgraded but the user stays on old firmware do they get the new band plan?
If a user such as myself who has btagent disabled, and as such dont get the update, if I were to reenable btagent would ?I eventually get it or is this just a one sweep thing.

How are you guys checking if the eci dslam version is updated?

Ok analysing the bitloading on my line this may be bad news for me.  The D3 bandplan is changed, its shorter.  I do use those tones that have been chopped off, the changes on D1 wont help me much because those tones on my line are part of the power cutback.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:45:05 AM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

Is that with a Huawei or ECI DSLAM?

Huawei I believe.

My modem also updated in the early hours of this morning and is now reporting itself as:

Code: [Select]
# xdslcmd --version
xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j
******* Pass *********

I'm connected to an ECI cabinet and my band plans have also changed to:

Code: [Select]
Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (6,31) (882,1193) (1984,2770)
DS: (33,857) (1218,1959) (2795,4083)

It looks like D3 is the only part to not change.

My current Band Plan on an ECI cabinet if people would like to compare.

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (0,95) (880,1195) (1984,2771)
DS: (32,859) (1216,1959) (2792,4083)

All our bands are different, even if it is just one of the two. Worth noting my cabinet and modem haven't been updated yet.

mine on ECI same as yours ryan.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors

It will be "interesting" if this update rolls out to people using the HG612 on Digital Region too, although I would expect they only probe for the routers on their own network?

Hopefully a new unlocked firmware will be rolled out with BTAgent fully disabled for peace of mind.

I certainly have no plans to change modem driver version as the updated one has been rock-solid stable for me.  I have been in sync (Upstream rate = 33564 Kbps, Downstream rate = 99999 Kbps) for 167 days 7 hours 47 minutes 58 seconds. 

Its a shame the network is closing down, I am hoping this firmware change is an indication BT will be offering similar speeds to what I am getting now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:14:11 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

ryant704

• Reg Member

The new firmware version is no longer fully locked, openreach now allow telnet access.

? It is only unlocked because we unlocked it, if you had the default firmware and you upgraded I would imagine it's still blocked.

If a user such as myself who has btagent disabled, and as such dont get the update, if I were to reenable btagent would ?I eventually get it or is this just a one sweep thing.

Eventually it will update...

How are you guys checking if the eci dslam version is updated?

Believe the band change was the first sign of a cabinet update. Then an update to the firmware which also caused a band plan but the locking out of the GUI told them it was a Modem update and not a cabinet update again.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

ok but a band change doesnt mean the dslam firmware is updated, it just means they reconfigured it.

regarding the telnet access, I would expect a fully locked firmware to relock it, eg. if one reflashes the original openreach firmware telnet doesnt remain open.

Greybeard33

? It is only unlocked because we unlocked it, if you had the default firmware and you upgraded I would imagine it's still blocked.
I think the update has flashed a complete new firmware image, not just changed out the hardware driver blob. From my modem:
# equipcmd swversion display
software version: V100R001C01B030SP06
xdsl firmware version: A2pv6C038m.d24j
cpu version: BCM6368
cfe version: 1.0.37-102.6
display version success#
According to Asbokid's blog http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/hg612-firmware-checksums/, the original (locked) firmware version was HG612V100R001C01B028SP06 or HG612V100R001C01B028SP10, and the unlocked variant HG612V100R001C01B028SP10unlocked002. I think it unlikely that BTOR would take the trouble to roll out two versions of the new firmware, one locked and the other unlocked, just for the benefit of the few users who have flashed the unlocked version. So I suspect Telnet access is now open without hacking.

I had a poke around in the file system and could not find the files /etc/webimg and /etc/webidx, which according to Asbokid's blog http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/adding-or-modifying-pages-in-the-huaweis-web-interface/ contained the web interface in the old firmware. Maybe BTOR has simply deleted the web interface rather than blocking it in the firewall?

boe323

After flashing the old firmware back yesterday I was expecting the update to be pushed again, nothings changed at the moment. Will I still get the update or is that it for me now?. Couldn't you modify the firmware and put the webui back?. Telnet is still blocked by default, I hard reset my modem and lost telnet as well. I thought the dslam upgrade was better for my line but its not, ive pooh load of crc errors, way more than before, maybe I need the modem upgrade, but the thing is, when  I had the new firmware, my ping went up, lost 5meg on download, and upload was nearly cut by half, so I really don't know what to do, block the upgrade or whatever.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:09:24 AM by boe323 »

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member

Hopefully a new unlocked firmware will be rolled out with BTAgent fully disabled for peace of mind.

I've just built one with both BTAgent and the ptm1.301 vlan completely removed but I want to be sure it's stable before I make it available. I think a couple of weeks live usage should suffice.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

I think the update has flashed a complete new firmware image, not just changed out the hardware driver blob. From my modem:
# equipcmd swversion display
software version: V100R001C01B030SP06
xdsl firmware version: A2pv6C038m.d24j
cpu version: BCM6368
cfe version: 1.0.37-102.6
display version success#
According to Asbokid's blog http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/hg612-firmware-checksums/, the original (locked) firmware version was HG612V100R001C01B028SP06 or HG612V100R001C01B028SP10, and the unlocked variant HG612V100R001C01B028SP10unlocked002. I think it unlikely that BTOR would take the trouble to roll out two versions of the new firmware, one locked and the other unlocked, just for the benefit of the few users who have flashed the unlocked version. So I suspect Telnet access is now open without hacking.

I had a poke around in the file system and could not find the files /etc/webimg and /etc/webidx, which according to Asbokid's blog http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/adding-or-modifying-pages-in-the-huaweis-web-interface/ contained the web interface in the old firmware. Maybe BTOR has simply deleted the web interface rather than blocking it in the firewall?

yeah.

on the ECI v2 one reason its such a pain to use is the web itnerface has been deleted on it, it doesnt exist.

It would seem a similiar approach has been done here, and maybe they then thought since the web interface is gone there is no need to block it on the firewall forgetting about telnet.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

I've just built one with both BTAgent and the ptm1.301 vlan completely removed but I want to be sure it's stable before I make it available. I think a couple of weeks live usage should suffice.

Which modem version did you use?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member

I used the original, locked SP10 image supplied by asbokid as the starting point. The modem I've got it running on at the moment is a rev 3B but it should work with rev 2B and maybe earlier as well.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

I used the original, locked SP10 image supplied by asbokid as the starting point. The modem I've got it running on at the moment is a rev 3B but it should work with rev 2B and maybe earlier as well.

My fault, I meant the hardware driver BLOB as http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/firmware-with-the-newest-hardware-driver-blog/ works much better than the original one.

As for physical hardware, I thought 2B was one of the ones that overheated and so was no longer used?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4