Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How to allow Firmware update on HG612?.  (Read 5412 times)

One2Go

How to allow Firmware update on HG612?.
« on: October 21, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »

Hi Guys.
I have been a long follower of this great forum and learnt a lot thank you but  never bothered to register until now (at last).
So first of all hello to all and please answer my questions if possible

1- i have a hacked modem HG612 which was bought  to replace ECi and works great. i removed the connection TR069 (DHCP) and deactivated BTAgent.
Now i read that BTOR have sent a new firmware but i can not get it(of course). i reinstalled the connection TR069 but under URL i can't find the address so when it connects it shows connecting but fail as the URL is needed. so i need one please.
2- Can some one look at my stats and tell me if anything is bad. i am a newbie so bear with me please.
3- if I may? what does restore Modem to default do? because i tried it and nothing happen

many thanks for you help.
Was on 5mb, now on 60mb on 80/20. stable never had a major issue

One2Go

Re: How to allow Firmware update on HG612?.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »

this is  what i mean

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »

The firmware upgrades appear to be done by the BT Agent and not TR069.

If youve turned the BT Agent off, its easily re-enabled by doing a full modem reboot/power down.

There doesnt appear to be any particular pattern to which modems are being updated.  Its assumed that its being done geographically once the local cabs are also updated with new firmware.

Restore modem to default should set the modem back to the original configuration settings.

Ive had a very quick look at your stats, but not in detail.. as Im out of here in a min.   I cant see anything obvious other than interleaving is applied which is costing you some of your downstream speed.  The line looks as if it needs it though as quite a few errors are racking up.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:37:57 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

One2Go

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »

Thank you very much  kitz.
Just to clarify
all i have to do is activate BtAgent(which i i did already) only when i click on it nothing happens and after refreshing i get the message
if you want to activate click here  and if you want to deactivate click here

and  deleting TR069  connection using DHCP is safe then?.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »

Firstly, I can see from your xlogfile.txt that you are connected to a Huawei DSLAM:-

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan

US: (0,95) (868,1207) (1972,2783)
DS: (32,859) (1216,1963) (2792,3971)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
DS: (32,859) (1216,1963) (2792,3971)

Secondly, I see that your DSLAM has adjusted the band plan already.

Prior to these firmware updates, the Huawei DSLAM band plans were:-

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
DS: (32,859) (1216,1963) (2792,3959)

In other cases & in my case, the DSLAM band plans were revised a few days before the modem's firmware was updated (6 days in my case).

Are you able to track backwards to determine when your DSLAM band plans were revised?

If using HG612 Modem Stats, which it seems you are & if logging 24/7, the change will probably be registered as a Retrain Reason 2 RESYNC in the Current_Stats folder.

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »

Hi Guys.
I have been a long follower of this great forum and learnt a lot thank you but  never bothered to register until now (at last).
So first of all hello to all and please answer my questions if possible

1- i have a hacked modem HG612 which was bought  to replace ECi and works great. i removed the connection TR069 (DHCP) and deactivated BTAgent.
Now i read that BTOR have sent a new firmware but i can not get it(of course). i reinstalled the connection TR069 but under URL i can't find the address so when it connects it shows connecting but fail as the URL is needed. so i need one please.
2- Can some one look at my stats and tell me if anything is bad. i am a newbie so bear with me please.
3- if I may? what does restore Modem to default do? because i tried it and nothing happen

many thanks for you help.

Be aware you will lose access to the web interface and possibly telnet as well with this update.

Having said that. If you're sure you want the update, the easiest way to 'get' it is to reflash your modem with Asbokid's original unlocked firmware and then do a factory reset by holding the reset button for ~10 seconds. Don't make any changes to the default config.

I seem to have got the update within two days of doing this. I've certainly lost both web and telnet access  ::)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 09:37:37 PM »

In other cases & in my case, the DSLAM band plans were revised a few days before the modem's firmware was updated (6 days in my case).

Apologies I was dashing to get out and only saw the lower bands hadnt changed.  :-[
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »

Be aware you will lose access to the web interface and possibly telnet as well with this update.

Having said that. If you're sure you want the update, the easiest way to 'get' it is to reflash your modem with Asbokid's original unlocked firmware and then do a factory reset by holding the reset button for ~10 seconds. Don't make any changes to the default config.

I seem to have got the update within two days of doing this. I've certainly lost both web and telnet access  ::)

I'm a a little confused by your comments. From a recent thread I started I had assumed that I was the only one who had experienced the loss of telnet access because of the firmware upgrade. But your comment implies this is normal and to be expected?

Howlingwolf

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 09:36:26 AM »

I'm a a little confused by your comments. From a recent thread I started I had assumed that I was the only one who had experienced the loss of telnet access because of the firmware upgrade. But your comment implies this is normal and to be expected?

heh. I was suggesting it was a possibility based on our mutual experiences. I certainly didn't mean to imply that it was either normal or to be expected.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »

Isn't it the long reset that clears everything, thus losing telnet as well?

Would be interesting to know if a completely locked modem gains telnet access after the new firmware update comes in.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

One2Go

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »

Thank you all guys for your input. I do wonder why i have too many errors when my road is only built under 4 years ago. so i would assume the wiring are new except a small section of the road i would assume it to be under 100 m from the cab.

anything