Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Radar Public Toilet Keys.  (Read 5455 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Radar Public Toilet Keys.
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:08:48 AM »

We all need to go to the toilet ;D ,  but when out and about it's becoming more difficult to find one or one that's open after say 5pm  >:D
Example my wife and I went cycling on Sunday and and on our way back all the public toilets were closed, but I now have a 'Radar Key'     http://www.radar-shop.org.uk/Detail.aspx?id=0     and we were both glad we did  ;)  ;D
So I now have access to any 9000 locked public toilets in the uk.
You can get them by post.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Radar Public Toilet Keys.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 07:11:48 AM »

That must be a lifesaver for some people.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »

From the link I gather they are only for the disabled. I do not have a disability as such, but mounting years have taken their toll (77). How strictly controlled is the sale of the keys? And I would not like to lie!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »

My understanding is that these are available for the disabled AND those with a health condition who require access to toilet facilities. So I would expect no problem for anyone whose health is such that they need access, whatever their age.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:21:22 AM »

Disability Rights UK believes that everyone who experiences ill-health, injury or disability should have the same freedom and independence as other citizens. An important part of that freedom is having the confidence to go out, knowing that public toilets will be available, accessible and will meet your needs.

Important - We only sell the Radar NKS Key to people who require use of the toilet facilities due to thierdisability or health condition.  Please tick the box in the check out area. 

Probably the same as the blue badge parking permit scheme.......Grossly abused. >:(

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »

Grossly abused. >:(
I see no evidence whatsoever and often need to help an elderly family member to use disabled toilets.

If you have any links to proven evidence, please post them.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »

I said probably and just because you help elderly relatives to use the toilets doesn't mean that that the system isn't abused.As for Blue parking badges being abused,no need to post links,just open your eyes when out and about. ;)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »

I said probably
Based on what, pray?  ;)

I based my comment on direct experience of a significant number of disabled toilets. And the fact that I've never seen any comment suggesting it was a problem area re misuse of keys, until yours.  8)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

I based my comment on direct experience of a significant number of disabled toilets.

So do I on the account that I myself am disabled and do use disabled toilets all the time and also use disabled parking bays.As I said I speak as to what I see when out and about.. ;)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »

Interesting, so what "abuse" of the RADAR keys do you see, and how do you know the user doesn't have a medical problem meaning they should have one? What area(s) of the country?
(Parking is a separate issue, controlled very differently and not the subject of this thread)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »

As an example....I once waited to use one in Northumberland and who should come out but a a young teenage couple..perhaps they had some kind of 'issues' in their need for a disabled toilet.  :D

The OP has said he has a key..does he have one just for the need to want to use a toilet or ...... ???

I did bring up the parking blue badge as a comparison which this thread isn't about,so I shall leave it there,you obviously HP will have to have the last word,so the floors yours .... 8)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »

Very true with both of us having 'weak bladders' and need to go asap  :'(
When we use the toilets in Melton Mowbray I noticed all the Taxi and Bus drivers also Postmen have keys  :o
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 02:57:30 PM »

obviously HP will have to have the last word
What a strange, illogical and unjustified comment, which I personally take as rather derogatory.  :(
My last comment was actually a sensible question for you, inviting a response, so obviously NOT expecting to be the last word.

Anyway, here's another, giving you the opportunity to have that  ;D : Did you see this couple in Northumberland that you refer to carrying or using a RADAR key?

And what do people think about this report? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2154856/Prove-youre-disabled-What-council-told-woman-wheelchair-asked-key-toilets.html

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »

Very true with both of us having 'weak bladders' and need to go asap  :'(
When we use the toilets in Melton Mowbray I noticed all the Taxi and Bus drivers also Postmen have keys  :o
Do the authorities classify a weak bladder as a disability? They should and the other waste exit too.

I would certainly not disagree with bus drivers having keys. I cannot be at all pleasant to have to drive breaking one's neck for relief. It was funny once to see a driver dive out at a farm shop and dash off at speed to the loo; not for him though, I guess.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 12:40:14 AM »

If you have noticed my other old post above/below that's been opened up again then you maybe understand why I still have a key  ;)
Pages: [1] 2