Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A Billion .....  (Read 1824 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
A Billion .....
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

Just a 'Cut & paste' .....  :)

The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' to spend YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A.
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

D.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E.
A billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

Stamp Duty
Tobacco Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Income Tax
Council Tax
Unemployment Tax
Fishing Licence Tax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Inheritance Tax (tax on top of tax)
Alcohol Tax
V.A.T.
Marriage Licence Tax
Property Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Vehicle Licence Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt.
We had the largest middle class in the world. Mum stayed home to raise the kids, Dad was allowed to discipline kids, a criminal’'s life was uncomfortable.

What the hell happened? 'Political Correctness', Politicians or both?'

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: A Billion .....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »

I dunno where all the money, or should I say profits are going..  certainly dont seem to be staying in this country.   
I would imagine international markets have a lot to do with it and the fact that we as consumers purchase more things from abroad... and everything is now geared towards the big multi national companies (banks included).

It cracks me up that the gov has spent billions to the likes of ATOS striking people off incapacity/sickness benefits in an attempt to save a few thousand pounds.   This then costs local gov millions in tribunal costs where the huge portion are winning their claim.   What a waste of public resources.  ATOS profits have rocketed and its councils public funds that has suffered at the expense of libraries and other public facilities.  ATOS should be made to refund the public purse. 

They then give how many billions to immigration claimants.  Doesnt take a genius to understand why its estimated in just a few short years its predicted that Islam will be the major religion in the uk.    :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything