Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Two More Items In My Grotto  (Read 2430 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Two More Items In My Grotto
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:43:11 PM »

It has been a while since I last uploaded a picture (or two) of interesting items that reside in The Cattery:)

So here are pictures of a moving-coil meter (100mV FSD / 10mA FSD / 10 ohms coil) of GPO origin (48 years old) and a Signalling Test Set (type 74263A), manufactured by Standard Telephones & Cables (age uncertain).

Memories, anyone?  ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:46:08 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Two More Items In My Grotto
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:32:35 AM »

Perhaps you should open a museum. There's a guy somewhere in South London who had a big collection of old wireless sets, and he turned his home into a museum for them. It became so popular that he had to fill his garden up with sheds to hold all the gear he collected.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »

:hmm:  Hmm . . . Now there's a thought!

Perhaps I could suggest that Black Sheep and the fellow members of his flock should call at The Cattery once every (say) three months.  :)

I will be quite happy to accept a donation of either a JDSU HST-3000c or a EXFO AXS-200/635 to my embryonic museum.  ;)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »

Ha ha ....... actually, I was thinking about your good-self the other day, Mr Cat. I had to find a secluded spot in our local Exchange, to do some in-depth analysis of various circuits, off various DP's, as part of a REIN case.

Whilst pondering, something caught my eye on top of one of the many locker-cabinets. God knows what it was, as I didn't want to put my back out trying to get it off the top of the locker. It weighed an absolute ton !! But, it appeared to be some old kind of equipment ??

PS ...... the REIN was tracked down to a desktop monitor. It's caused no end of grief over a 7yr span, according to the IT manager.  :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »

Ha ha ....... actually, I was thinking about your good-self the other day, Mr Cat.

Why, thank you.  :blush:

Whilst pondering, something caught my eye on top of one of the many locker-cabinets. God knows what it was, as I didn't want to put my back out trying to get it off the top of the locker. It weighed an absolute ton !! But, it appeared to be some old kind of equipment ??

If its weight was similar to that of a rotary ringing machine, then it most definitely would be equipment of interest. (The heavier the weight, the superior the build quality!)

PS ...... the REIN was tracked down to a desktop monitor. It's caused no end of grief over a 7yr span, according to the IT manager.  :)

Hmm . . . I didn't think companies keep IT equipment for that length of time, these days.  :-\

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

These guys do. They are electronic engineers and build damned near everything in the premises. Even the security camera's he said.

He was pretty much clued up with everything techy, way beyond me, but he did mention he had his suspicions it was something to do with equipment in a certain room in the premises, as he could view 'spikes' when monitoring the circuit, around the comings and goings of one particular individual.
The problem was, it has been very intermittent until of late.

anything