Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What other routers are good with low SNR margin?  (Read 3165 times)

man_beach

• Just arrived
What other routers are good with low SNR margin?
« on: November 03, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »

Elsewhere Kitz has said about certain routers being good with a low SNR margin, such as the Netgear DG834, Westell 6100 and D-Link DSL-G604T.

Does anyone have any good experiences with other makes/models?

EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Re: What other routers are good with low SNR margin?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:54:07 PM »

I dunno bout the dlink dsl604t being good with low snr, but its a crap router, I've had 2 of them and both of them died the exact same way, they start to hum and loose connection to the pc but still stay connected to the adsl line, avoid that one if you can.

you know when they start to go, as you end up with more and more disconnections which only last maybe 10 seconds tops, then it gets to a point where you cant even access the web interface for the router...

apart from that, in their first 6 months, they are good, but just seem to have a short lifespan, well thats what I found out, especially if you get one of the versions that have a high pitched hum to them.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:13:26 AM »

Hi
The 3 routers listed on my site have either been able to get a line connected where several others simply wouldnt work.. or in the case of the Netgear had many many reports of being able to hang on to lines on max right down to 0db.

I believe the Speedtouch 536 is another thats reported to work well on low SNR lines.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

chris87

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 08:27:53 PM »

i have had my router netgear DG384GT for about 11 months had alot of problems at first i.e dissconnections but upgraded the firmware on it and had no problems ever since and i have very bad SNR figures

anything