Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Aquaria  (Read 11457 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Aquaria
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:28:42 PM »

If you liked Ecco... then you will love  Aquaria.

The Demo is free .. and its huge.

I spent most of yesterday playing this.. the graphics are beautiful.  The more you play it the more you realise it has to offer...  At first it may seem a bit "floaty" as you go through the training stages, but later on when you get special powers it becomes a lot more tactical.. and then would appeal to those that like the "shoot to kill", as you can change the character in between the floaty mermaid who searches for items and completes puzzles (more appealing to girls) to the power charged Naija who fights the under-water baddies (more for the guys).

Its a long time since Ive enjoyed a game like this. A friend came round whilst I was playing it last night and was also impressed with the game play and ended up buying it out-right.
Warning - because the demo is so big - you could find yourself playing for days on that alone.

I believe it was only officially released on 7th Of Dec.. yet already it has quite a following and has won the IGF award for 2007.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Aquaria
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:37 AM »

Amazingly this runs perfectly in Linux using the Wine emulator, and you're right - it is beautiful.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Aquaria
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:07:21 PM »

To consider that this is result from 2 individuals rather than a big gaming corporation its one hell of an achievement and all credit to them.

I'm still stuck atm trying to beat the "Energy Boss", where I was the other day. 
I much prefer the puzzle/search/find/strategy type of games rather than the "shoot to kill" - hence why Im probably not doing very well at this particular stage :D

Glad it works ok using wine..  I also believe the makers are looking at taking it across to other o/s - and are working on a MAC version atm.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything