Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: VDSL2 Retrain Reason 8000  (Read 35197 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: VDSL2 Retrain Reason 8000
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2013, 04:12:23 PM »

Here's  :fingers:

And thank you also for persevering with all the testing & posting logs etc.

It's working 100% here ;D , I have 3 hours worth of stats built up and not one missing minute.
heres are the three relevant files for you to look at ->

:congrats: BE!

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »

It's working 100% here ;D , I have 3 hours worth of stats built up and not one missing minute.
heres are the three relevant files for you to look at ->

That looks much better now (apart from the gap between 15:12 to 15:25 inclusive).
What happened there?

If the program was still supposed to be logging during that period, it looks like there are other issues to deal with.

If you had turned off the logging or had switched off the PC, ignore it.

If it was still supposed to be logging during that period, the "Login_events.TXT" log from the Scripts folder or the "ERROR.LOG" log from the Ongoing_Stats folder may give us some clues as to any other areas that need attention.

The montage of the graphs generated for all 209 samples from the modem_stats.log file are attached, clearly showing the gap.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »

That looks much better now (apart from the gap between 15:12 to 15:25 inclusive).
What happened there?

If the program was still supposed to be logging during that period, it looks like there are other issues to deal with.

If you had turned off the logging or had switched off the PC, ignore it.

If it was still supposed to be logging during that period, the "Login_events.TXT" log from the Scripts folder or the "ERROR.LOG" log from the Ongoing_Stats folder may give us some clues as to any other areas that need attention.

The montage of the graphs generated for all 209 samples from the modem_stats.log file are attached, clearly showing the gap.

You are Eagle Eyed  ;) that was due to the PC going into sleep mode :-[ as it's set at 3 hours, I can see that in my graphs to , this is working very well indeed and i still have the older V4.1 stats logs from July but i am not going to merge those as it would look messy do you agree ?

edit post

I have attached a Full Monty over 5 Hours to show all is working correctly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:00:58 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »

It's definitely looking good!  :angel:

:drink:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »

It's definitely looking good!  :angel:

:drink:

Yeah BC a big thankyou go's out to all the members and especially Bald Eagle & ColinS & Burakkucat for the "C" code if it were not for them I think i would be bald by now and Big Thanks to Kitz for making this possible  :o geez it sounds like a Hollywood Oscar speech  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:26:41 PM by NewtronStar »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2013, 08:25:50 PM »

i still have the older V4.1 stats logs from July but i am not going to merge those as it would look messy do you agree ?

edit post

I have attached a Full Monty over 5 Hours to show all is working correctly.

The thing to bear in mind is that the program assumes logging has been continuous.

i.e. 5 hours should normally equate to 300 minutes or 300 samples.

Looking at the start time of 13:41 & graph creation time of 18:54, (& assuming you generated the montage on the fly via graphpd.exe, 5 hours back from then should have started at 13:54, not 13:41 (13 minutes adrift).

The missing data from when the PC went into sleep mode equates to those 13 missing minutes/data samples (from 15:12 to 15:24 inclusive).

So, to plot a full day's worth of data, when the PC has not been logging for 1/2 the time, it would need to be plotted for 12 hours rather than 24 hours.
i.e. 720 minutes (i.e. data samples) or 12 hours rather than the 1440 samples that would equate to a full day of continuous logging.

I agree that merging the data from July might look messy & unless there has been a significant change in sync speeds and/or large differences in errors per minute, I personally wouldn't bother.

You could always try it to see what it looks like & unmerge it again if necessary.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:28:06 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »

The thing to bear in mind is that the program assumes logging has been continuous.

I fully understand that BE1 it would be nice to have a Rasberry PI running the stats 24/7 if I had one but this is all i have at the moment i can't afford to run the Desktop PC 24/7 at 120 watts per hour as every kilowatt Hour is expensive at 17.5p
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:49:56 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »

Glad you got to the bottom of this and its all working now.

:)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything